Outside my window ~
Sunny skies and warm breezes with a little bit cooler weather coming in on Wednesday.
I quickly snapped this photo of my two teenagers as they headed out for a white elephant Christmas party recently.
I am thankful for ~
* having my Christmas shopping completed (I purposely did not start till the day after Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure how that would go, but two weeks later, it's complete.)
* having the means to Christmas shop
* completing the Consecration to Mary (with my husband)
* the Sacrament of Reconciliation (How much peace this sacrament brings, especially during Advent!)
What I am reading ~
Our world is so incredibly noisy, isn't it? I think it is safe to say that for most of us, quietness almost has to be willed, and I had to will it in time for this Advent season.
The blessings have been abundant since I made that choice. No, our house is anything but perfect; there is fighting, yelling, complaining, and time outs (for myself as much as my 3 year old), but there is also joy and (I know this sounds like a contradiction but I'm going to say it) peace. Joy and Peace.
From the school room ~
* We are in finals week for the semester.
This is always THE hardest week of each quarter.
* Both Miss Sally and Miss Ester have some dissection labs to do over Christmas break (when they're bored). Miss Sally has dissection labs due for Apologia's Marine Biology course, and Miss Ester is working on her Biology labs.
Religion:: Living Liturgy
We celebrated the feast of St. Nicholas, The Immaculate Conception (with Mass and blueberry muffins), and the feast of St. Lucy.
The feast of St. Lucy, December 13 ::
Lucia Morning in Sweden is a new book this year (bottom right image). It compliments the other two Swedish books we have.
The Christmas tree went up and the lights were added (I put the ornaments on today.) *I think this is the latest I ever put it up. I did not want to stress out about the entire process, so I did it when I was ready.
We took the younger three to look at Christmas lights, our annual feast of St. Lucy tradition.
I am praying for ~
* my personal intentions for the St. Andrew/ Christmas novena I'm in the middle of
* priests and religious
* an end to abortion
* for all those who have asked me to pray for them
Around the house ~
* We hosted the monthly Little Flower/ Little Women's group last Friday.
* We recently had both of our parish priests over for dinner and games.
* I am finished with Confirmation class until January 6!!!
* Archery is done until spring.
From the kitchen ~
(This was NOT staged. Pinky swear!)
I am listening to ~
* silence! It's late, and I should be in bed like everyone else :)
Coming down the pike this week ~
Sunday - Feast of St. Lucy
Monday-Friday:: School finals, Christmas baking, Christmas cards written out
A last photo to share ~
This is the only new ornament addition for 2015. It is the image of San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio. I purchased it when I took my mom there last winter.
Wishing you all a great week!