Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Wild Hairs

Group photos haven't worked for us for some time.  It is just so stressful to get a nice picture of us all without anyone ticking off the person next to them with a comment or a push, let alone, trying to get the 3 year old child to smile "nicely" for the camera.  (Insert long, exasperated exhale.)

In fact, it's been 3 years since we had our last "professional looking" photo taken.  So, I got a wild hair.  (Wild hairs do not always turn out good for me.) 

Last Friday, I asked the kids to wear something blue, green, or brown to first Friday Mass.  My plan was to snap some shots after Mass, near a grove of trees I know of.  I kept telling myself, "Relax.  No pressure.  Stress-free Advent, remember? We can do this."  

After taking 20+ group shots, I had 1 that turned out fairly good.  One.


The threat of a phone call to Santa's hot line proved somewhat of a success for Miss Clementine.

The individuals went a bit easier (except for Miss Clementine's).






This!

This last photo took a lot of sweat to achieve on my part.  (Patience...I sorely lack.)   I think one of the teens had to talk about some sort of nasty body function to produce her little smile.


And there you have it.

Wild hairs can work out on the rare occasion.

Advent blessings,
Patty



17 comments:

  1. Patty...they are all beautiful!!!!!!
    And the best part will be the memories made while taking them...
    Beautiful babes you got there, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo, thank you for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful family Patty! These photos are lovely. The setting is gorgeous too.

    I feel your frustration, we have to tell Lilly to "pretend to be happy" to get normal expressions.
    It's hard but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. My equipment is so old. I really need to find a way to invest in a new camera, and I have my eye on a couple of lenses ;)

      Delete
  3. I love them!! They turned out great.
    "Santa hot line"....that's genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen! My three year old drives me crazy ;)

      Delete
  4. They turned out beautifully! ! I had never heard of the expression "wild hair" but I got the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out beautifully! ! I had never heard of the expression "wild hair" but I got the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! You have a beautiful family.
    I enjoyed the commentary. You definitely gave me a good chuckle for the day.
    I love her face in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Monique. I know that this phase she is in will pass. It sure can be frustrating though ;)

      Delete
  7. So worth it. Those a precious individual shots as well. Since we homeschool I try to grab individual shots at Christmas and at Easter. This year I did it early. The kids let me take them on a photo shoot the day after Thanksgiving. It really was such a treat. Us moms and our pictures. I just love looking at ones of my kiddos. You will treasure these, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! Thanks, Neen! And you are so good for taking them twice a year!

      Delete
  8. Your photos always look so good. No one would guess there is a stressed Mom behind them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Margaret!

      Delete
  9. Ahhhh....the elusive family photo. What I have found, though, is that looking back at all the "rejects" is a hoot (years later, of course!). The kids all look lovely and your little Clementine has that same "look" that my Esther has...so darn cute, but mysteriously evil/up to something at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those out takes can be quite funny, can't they!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails