This was another new recipe Miss Sally tried this season, and they are soooo delicious, especially if you are a fan of chocolate and peppermint combined!
Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
1 box white cake mix (15.25 oz)
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
1 cup Andes peppermint Crunch pieces
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Combine the cake mix, melted butter, egg, and extracts. Beat until a soft dough forms. Add the cream cheese and beat in gently until combined.
2. Stir in the peppermint crunch pieces and chocolate chips. Then gently stir in the cookie pieces by hand being careful not to break up the cookie more.
3. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into 36 balls. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Do not over bake. The cookies will be very soft and look undone. Let them sit on the hot cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then gently remove them with a spatula to a piece of wax paper on the counter.
5. Very gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of the spatula to even out the tops. Let them sit until completely cool. Store in a sealed container.
Yields :: 36 cookies
~ Patty ~