Calm. Sun. Cooler temps.
At 3:45am, we were awoken to tornado warnings and spent a good amount of time in a closet under the stairs.
Fun times, said no one without a basement ever.
I am thankful for ~
* my little 3 year old who thinks she is a prima ballerina - (we so love the joy she brings!)
* the Rosary
* warm meals
What David and I are reading ~
* continuing on with this...
* I am also on the look out for some new Advent reading material for myself and David. Any suggestions??
From the school room ~
* 9th grade English with Seton (the Catholic curriculum we use) has proven to be very tough. Personally, I find it over kill on the amount of content that is required.
* The kids have successfully worked ahead a couple of days in all the subjects in order to take a 4-day break next weekend.
* Pre-school art - Miss Clementine and I worked on these 2 things...
(This was the source.)
It goes along with an adorable finger-play song that I found here.
* Religion - Living Liturgy::
November 17 is the Feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary (patroness of bakers as well as other things). You can find her story here.
I bought this new book to add to our saint collection and made a crown cake in honor of her royal highness :)
(The cake idea - I think - came from Showers of Roses some years back. I know I've made one for another occasion...Epiphany perhaps??)
I am praying for ~
* world peace!
* an end to abortion
* victims of radical Islam around the world
Around the house ~
* We celebrated Miss Mabel's baptism birthday. I found this beautiful Holy Family font on Amazon. It now hangs by her school desk.
* Miss Ester and Miss Mabel had their last horse riding competition for the season. They had GORGEOUS weather for it and took home a few ribbons as well ;)
From the kitchen ~
I'm working on an EASY camping menu for a camping trip coming up. I was thinking along the lines of sloppy joe's, a soup, home made cookies possibly??
I am listening to ~
Miss Clementine "read". Gosh! I just love love love her cute voice.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday - doctor's appointment (Three kids AND David are all on antibiotics now. )
Monday - Mabel's Baptism birthday
Tuesday - Feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Wednesday - CCD
Thursday - Physical Therapy on Miss Sally's knee
A last photo to share ~
We just love this book!
I have the
Have a great rest of your week!
~ Patty ~