Sunday, November 29, 2015

Advent 2015 - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Rain.   Lots of it.  Since Thanksgiving, our friends (who live about 20 miles from us) measured 9" of rain between Thanksgiving night and Sunday morning.

Feast or famine.

I'm thankful for ~

* my very talented, handyman of a husband!!

No sooner did I turn on my dishwasher last Wednesday afternoon, when the water pump broke on it and my kitchen started to flood.

After a long day at work, he installed our new one.



* I'm SO thankful that I was in the kitchen when it happened before big damage occurred.

* I'm so thankful that we were able to find one (in stock) on our fourth stop and that it was priced at Black Friday pricing.

What I am reading (for Advent) ~

In addition to the 33 Days to Morning Glory, I am keeping things simple by reading The Magnificat Advent Companion.

From the school room ~

Gosh!  We really enjoyed the 4 day weekend!

We have three weeks left in our semester.  Our last day of finals should be Friday, December 18.

* Religion ::  (Living Liturgy)

We celebrated the Feast of St. Cecilia (Miss Clementine's feast day) last Sunday, November 22.  She enjoyed a bowl of ice cream with her Saint Cecilia friends :)


I am praying for ~

* a fruitful Advent season

* world peace

* our country

* and end to abortion

* for all those who have asked me to pray for them

 Around the house ~

We went camping last weekend with the Troops of St. George.  It was family camp out month and we headed down to Corsicana, Texas and stayed on the grounds of a Vietnamese Monastery.


Miss Mabel, Miss Clementine, and myself slept in the teardrop camper.  The first day was gorgeous, mid-70's.  I actually kicked off my covers the first night.

The second night was very, very chilly!  Brrr....

(In her camper bunk bed on the first night.)


We attended Sunday morning mass with the monks in their little chapel.

The chapel, by the way, was wall-to-wall relics!  I've never seen anything like it.  Apparently, one of their monks was in Rome for an extended period of time studying and collected the relics, certificates and all.

(The relics' certificates were all in Latin, so I could not read them, but the image of the saint was next to the relic.  From the image, you could tell who the relics belonged to.)

From the kitchen ~

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Stan and I made the DELICIOUS cranberry bread recipe from the book...




I am listening to ~

Miss Clementine play with all the nativity sets I pulled out today.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Sunday - Advent begins
Sunday - Miss Mabel has a birthday party to attend
Monday - Novena to St. Andrew (Christmas novena) begins
Monday - Dr. appointment for Stan
Tuesday - Archery
Wednesday - CCD (Confirmation Class)
Saturday - Saint Peg Doll exchange (I'm painting St. Andrew Kim Taegon.)

A last photo to share ~

Thanksgiving day, before the rains came, the boys had a fun game of football on the church grounds.


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day and wishing you a fruitful Advent season!

~  Patty ~

5 comments:

  1. Yay for you hubby!!!!!!
    And yay for a new dishwasher on sale!!!!
    Your baby is the sweetest!
    Have a wonderful first week of advent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! I'm so glad you were there when your dishwasher decided to 'go rogue' too! Imagine the disaster if you were out?

    Happiest of Feast Days to your Clementine. As I told my husband, "Jesus trumped Cecilia today, but I guess that's okay!" My daughter and her family were all at the Thanksgiving football game in Dallas, and it was raining like crazy. They all got soaked, but still had a good time.

    Have a wonderful Advent Season, and Christmas celebration. He is near! May God bless you and yours, and I'll see you again in 2016.
    Hugs,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, that rain! And a broken dishwasher, glad hubby was able to get a new one put in and great score for on sale prices. The camping sounds and looks like so much fun. Like Texas in November camping fun, not Minnesota in November camping not fun. ha.
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Blessings on your first week of Advent! My favorite liturgical season is here, but on tap for this week is some measurable amounts of snow too. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the men in your house....one handyman and one baker. That's good stuff!
    Your camping trip looks fun, close quarters and all. I really enjoy reading these daybook posts.
    Happy Advent :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty, I didn't know you were doing the 33 Days to Morning Glory too! Our parish is doing it for Advent and we received 900 copies of the pamphlet version of the book (same readings, just in smaller font and in booklet format, not regular bound version). Our Priest has been promoting it for weeks and really feels this is needed for our parish. I am looking forward to seeing what God does for our little parish. I will be praying for you as well and your intentions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails