Overcast today. They said we are to expect a ton of rain this weekend. (It is greatly needed since we haven't had rain since last spring.)
I am thankful for ~
* my sister-in-law who took the time to bring my niece down for a visit
* the great memories that we all came away with
* young cousins having so much fun together
What I am reading ~
Zilch. I haven't picked up a book in over a week. (And I am okay with that right now :)
From the school room ~
* Another big Zilch! We are enjoying our fall break this week.
* Living Liturgy ::
On October 16, we celebrated the feast of St. Gerard Majella. I found an interesting YouTube video/presentation on the life of St. Gerard. (Just click on this link and watch the video under the multimedia title in the upper right hand corner.) He is the patron saint of mothers and children.
St. Gerard, pray for us!
Tomorrow, October 22, is the feast of St. John Paul II. I found this cute book and added another holy card to the kids' collections.
St. John Paul II, pray for us!
Around the house ~
Saturday we took our visitors to Dealey Plaza (where Pres. JFK had been assassinated) and then to Reunion Tower.
At the top of Reunion Tower, (you take an elevator that has glass on the back wall), we ate lunch while the restaurant rotated, giving us beautiful 360-degree views of Dallas!
Sunday we slept in since we attended the Saturday night Mass.
Our first stop was to go hang out with Penny, Miss Ester's horse :)
That was followed by a cowgirl dose of retail therapy when the girls helped their cousin pick out her first pair of cowboy boots.
Monday found us taking our guests to our town's historic district, hitting up an old-fashioned candy shop. (Notice those matching t-shirts?)
They hatched a plan as young girls do ;) They wanted to match when they took their cousin on her first "official" horse riding lesson Monday afternoon. They were so cute :)
From the kitchen (table) ~
We played the game Wits and Wagers in the evenings. It is fast-paced and very entertaining. I highly recommend this as a family game!
(Poor Stan the man...outnumbered by girls even more ;)
I am praying for ~
* an end to abortion
* peace in our world
* my daughter who will be turning 16 next Monday and taking her driver's license test
I am listening to ~
David and four of the kids chatting it up over lunch.
Coming down the pike this week ~
* Monday and Wednesday - Miss Sally begins certification training for her life guarding.
* Wednesday - I have to teach Confirmation class.
* Thursday - PT for Sally's knee
* Friday - Catechist training for me in Dallas all day
* Sunday - Miss Sally's Sweet 16 birthday party
One last photo to share ~
Monday night, my sister-in-law and I snuck out for mom time at a local wine bar :)
Wishing you all a great rest of your week!
~ Patty ~