Sunday, October 4, 2015

(10 years after) She Chose Life!

10 years ago (3:37am) this precious little boy came into the world!







10 years ago, a very brave and selfless woman chose life. I cannot even begin to imagine the courage she needed, especially living in a society where she (an unwed mother) knew she would be shunned as well as her unborn baby. For us, it is hard to look at Sam and not think of this brave woman on a daily basis. She is kept in our prayers, and I hope that our prayers of thanksgiving (for Sam) and peace (for her) will wrap her gently each day. Life is precious, from moment of conception to natural death. It is not easy. Many people think Sam is "lucky". Sam is actually very blessed since his birth mother chose LIFE and we are very blessed to be HIS forever family. Adoption is not easy. Not at all. Especially for the adopted. But with God's grace, we live each day giving thanks, sometimes through tears, but mostly through hugs. Boy! If you never felt one of Sam's hugs, you are missing SO much! We love you, Sam!

~  Patty  ~

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Sam! What a gift! How nice to celebrate his birthday at the same weekend you were doing your Hike for Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So totally appropriate! It was very, very special. I asked him if he understood what we were doing, if he fully comprehended it and the choice his birth mother made. He truly grasped it.

      Delete
  2. He has a joy filled smile! This is so beautiful and inspiring. God bless her and your open hearted family! Happy birthday Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. He had one of his best birthdays ever! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Patty! I just attended the Illinois Citizens for Life dinner, and the theme was adoption. There were speakers who had adopted, given a child up for adoption, had worked to facilitate them. It really brought tears to my eyes, especially the woman who gave up her child. As you know, my kids are adopted too...
    Yes, these women are heroes. They have made my family complete. Happy b'day Sam!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil, I am embarrassed to say I did not know your children were adopted...or at least I do not remember that. Please forgive me for my brain fog. Wow! What a wonderful connection we do have!

      Delete
  4. A very Happy Birthday to Sam! 10 is a BIG deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! And it was, I think, his best one yet! :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Sam looks amazingly happy. What a precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie. Oh my goodness was he happy :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails