Outside my window ~
I love the warmer climate of the south but I am beginning to worry that we won't ever have any beautiful fall weather.
I am thankful for ~
* the father who raised me
* the Cubs winning (my dad was a die hard Cub fan ;)
* my husband
* my children
* family visitors who will be arriving on Saturday
What I am reading ~
I have not had the time to add anything else to my reading list.
From the school room ~
* Last week was Quarter 1 Finals week. We are so relieved to have all those papers, reports, and tests behind us!!
* Tomorrow, Miss Sally takes the PSAT again. (She takes it at the local public high school.)
* We will take a fall break next week. With family arriving on Saturday, we thought we'd flip flop our break week. (Another plus to homeschooling ;)
Around the house ~
Yesterday, October 12, marked the 9th anniversary of my father's death. Not a day goes by that I do not think of him or miss him.
This was the last "family photo" my gang had with him and Grammy. I still cannot wrap my brain around that date...it was almost 3 months prior to his passing.
October invokes so many beautiful memories of him, like all of God's beauty we see in nature at this time of the year. Those awe-inspired memories are what keep you going. Even though the painted colored leaves eventually fall off of the trees, there will be new life in the spring. God's plan is so perfect and gives us such hope!
From the kitchen ~
I am praying for ~
* an end to abortion
* peace in this world
* my mom, who misses my dad more and more each day
* a fun visit with family members
I am listening to ~
* the hum of the air condition unit
* the kids lining up to take their allergy medicine
* Stan the man trying on his Halloween costume (Ant Man)
Coming down the pike this week ~
Tuesday :: Horse riding lessons, archery, and Miss Sally works
Wednesday :: PSAT, Confirmation class
Thursday :: PT on Sally's knee, Sally works
Saturday :: My sister-in-law and niece fly in for three nights
One last photo to share ~
My husband brought home some bacon last week!
That is one, butt-ugly wild hog which is a very destructive creature as well. (And yes, David eats what he hunts.)
Wishing you all a great rest of your week!!
~ Patty ~