Friday, October 9, 2015

Little Flowers - St. Catherine of Siena - Faith

Tonight is our scheduled Little Flowers gathering.  I had signed up to teach this month for the middle group (age 9-12 year olds).

What is Little Flowers?  (From their website) Little Flowers is a Catholic girls club for ages 5 and up that teaches virtues through Scripture, Saints' biographies, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

I have to present the virtue of Faith, using St. Catherine of Siena as a roll model, and we are doing a craft on the Sunflower (the flower of faith).

I found a similar, sweet sunflower tag necklace idea on Pinterest as my inspiration.



The supplies are simple to gather.  I did have to make a drive to Catholic bookstore to pick up 10 St. Catherine of Siena medals, but everything else came from a craft store.

For a snack, we are bringing beautiful sunflower cupcakes.

(The kids and I made these back in April when we celebrated St. Catherine of Siena's feast day.)

We also have a Little Women's Club.  I signed up to teach the month of April for them.

So, I best be going.  There's a lot of cupcakes to frost!  Happy Friday!

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love both the necklaces and the cupcakes! Wish I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catholic girls clubs are so wonderful. Great ideas for inspiration. Your necklace and cupcakes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails