Sunday, September 20, 2015

September Days - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

We had rain on Saturday!  It's been like some 50 days since we last had rain.  It was BEAUTIFUL!


I am thankful for ~

* the news that one of my sisters-in-law and a niece are coming to visit in October

* rain

* air condition (Humidity came on the tail feathers of that rain.)

* our parish family (This is so important since the next closest kin is in K.C.)

* homecoming dress and shoe shopping is complete


What I am reading ~

A Year with The Bible, by Patrick Madrid



I had been wanting to do some more Scripture reading, but needed some more of an explanation behind those words.  This has been a good fit so far.  Short and sweet each day.


From the school room ~

* We are now on week 7, and the year is moving along nicely!  I am very grateful for this.

* Religion ::  Living Liturgy for October

I am planning on celebrating the feast days of St. Gerard and St. John Paul II


Around the house ~

We completed four Parish Fall Festival games for next Sunday's festival.



Some of them painted pumpkins.


I got the front bushes trimmed right before it poured down rain on Saturday morning.


From the kitchen ~

A couple of the girls made candy apples over the weekend.  (yum! yum!)



I am praying for ~

* a friend's 7 year old son who is very ill

* for all those who have asked me to pray for them

* our priests

* my students in Confirmation class

* an end to abortion

I am listening to ~

* Stan the man play in his Lego table

* Miss Mabel and Clementine playing outside


Coming down the pike this week ~

*Tuesday - horse riding lessons for Mabel & Ester
*Tuesday - archery for Stan
*Tuesday - Miss Sally works
*Wednesday - Confirmation class
*Thursday - PT for Miss Sally
*Thursday - Miss Sally works
*Friday - homecoming football game (The Dallas area has a HUGE home school athletic association which includes a football team.)
*Sunday - Parish Fall Festival

One last photo ~


I found this beautiful orb-weaver spider in my bushes.  It was about 3" long and scurried away to safety when it felt the vibrations of my trimmers.

Have a great week ahead!

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. Caramel apples..yum!!!!! We just bought a bunch of apples, I completely forgot about caramel apples. Now I have to go buy some caramel to make them.
    Beautiful spider...thankfully she's outside like ours!
    Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's be neighbors.
    You do all this fun stuff, and I'll bring the crisp, autumn weather.
    Sounds like a plan. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caramel apples! And homecoming! I hope the weather cools to help the atmosphere! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails