We had rain on Saturday! It's been like some 50 days since we last had rain. It was BEAUTIFUL!
I am thankful for ~
* the news that one of my sisters-in-law and a niece are coming to visit in October
* air condition (Humidity came on the tail feathers of that rain.)
* our parish family (This is so important since the next closest kin is in K.C.)
* homecoming dress and shoe shopping is complete
What I am reading ~
A Year with The Bible, by Patrick Madrid
I had been wanting to do some more Scripture reading, but needed some more of an explanation behind those words. This has been a good fit so far. Short and sweet each day.
From the school room ~
* We are now on week 7, and the year is moving along nicely! I am very grateful for this.
* Religion :: Living Liturgy for October
I am planning on celebrating the feast days of St. Gerard and St. John Paul II
Around the house ~
We completed four Parish Fall Festival games for next Sunday's festival.
Some of them painted pumpkins.
I got the front bushes trimmed right before it poured down rain on Saturday morning.
From the kitchen ~
A couple of the girls made candy apples over the weekend. (yum! yum!)
I am praying for ~
* a friend's 7 year old son who is very ill
* for all those who have asked me to pray for them
* our priests
* my students in Confirmation class
* an end to abortion
I am listening to ~
* Stan the man play in his Lego table
* Miss Mabel and Clementine playing outside
Coming down the pike this week ~
*Tuesday - horse riding lessons for Mabel & Ester
*Tuesday - archery for Stan
*Tuesday - Miss Sally works
*Wednesday - Confirmation class
*Thursday - PT for Miss Sally
*Thursday - Miss Sally works
*Friday - homecoming football game (The Dallas area has a HUGE home school athletic association which includes a football team.)
*Sunday - Parish Fall Festival
One last photo ~
I found this beautiful orb-weaver spider in my bushes. It was about 3" long and scurried away to safety when it felt the vibrations of my trimmers.
Have a great week ahead!
~ Patty ~