Sweetwater Wind Farm comes in 3rd place with 585 turbines on its "farm".
(We drove through Sweetwater, TX on our Southwest Texas trip and - in my opinion - saw how they completely ruin the scenery God put there.)
I am thankful for ~
* air condition
* all the kind words and prayers from THIS post
* summer jobs for teens
* daughters baking in the kitchen
* good friends
*I really wish I lived closer to my mom so we could enjoy a cup of coffee together :)
What I am reading ~
Still working on this...
I still love it!
From the school room ~
* Music: Stan the man and Miss Mabel attended music camp at church last week. Mabel was an aide (earning some of her Confirmation hours) and Stan was an attendee.
* First week of school was successful! (I'll list their classes subjects next week.)
* Driver's Ed: Miss Sally completed all of her driving hours. (She doesn't turn 16 till the end of October though.)
* PE: Miss Clementine is in the midst of swim lessons. I had signed her up for evening classes.
* Religion : Due to a busy schedule, I had not selected any saint feast days to celebrate for the month of July and still have not for August. I miss doing this and need to start planning.
Around the house ~
Employed teenagers who are not old enough to drive yet.
It is a catch 22.
Miss Ester demonstrated basic horse care and basic riding for beginners at horse camp (30 minutes one way). Agricultural age requirements for employment are different.
Miss Sally has been a swim instructor aide all summer, the first half being split shift (on the other side of town).
Being a full time taxi ate up most of my time, but it was only for this summer and boy oh boy! The girls each have a nice savings account.
I love to see hard-working teenagers!
From the kitchen ~
I tried a new recipe, Salsa Chicken. It's blog-worthy! Here's the recipe.
I'm also trying a new recipe on Tuesday. I think it is going to be a blog-worthy winner as well. I'll keep you posted.
I am praying for ~
* the repose of the soul of my ex-brother-in-law (his wake is Tuesday and Mass of Christian Burial is Wednesday)
* my nieces
* for all those who have asked me to pray for them
* for an end to abortion
I am listening to ~
* my little guy rinsing his dishes putting them into the dishwasher
* the hum of my a.c.
Coming down the pike this week ~
* Monday - Thursday, Miss Sally last week of summer swim lessons
* Monday - Thursday, Miss Clementine has swim lessons
* Wednesday - Miss Ester starts her new job (every Wednesday, feeding horses at the stable).
* Wednesday - Stan the man is going to a swimming party with his buddies
* Thursday - Swing dancing for the high schoolers
* Friday - High School social night for the girls
A last photo to share ~
I put this on FB the other day.
She cracks us up!
Have a great week, all!
~ Patty ~