Monday, August 17, 2015

School Courses - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

End-of-summer, wilting flowers.



I am ready for a change, but it's still too hot to plant fall flowers down here in Texas.

I am thankful for ~

* a school year that smoothly picked up right where last year's ended

* inspiring homilies at Mass

* priests who support homeschooling families


What I am reading ~

Still on this...


From the school room ~

* This year's curriculum line up::

Miss Sally (junior)
Accounting (1st semester)
Algebra II
Marine Biology (with lab)
English
American Government
Logic (2nd semester)
Religion
Spanish III

Miss Ester (freshman)
Algebra I
Biology (with lab)
World Geography
Religion
English
Keyboarding (1st semester)

*She will take American Sign Language her Junior and Senior year at the Jr. College and receive dual credit.

Miss Mabel (7th grade)
Art
English
History
Math
PE (horse riding lessons)
Reading
Religion
Science
Spelling
Vocab
Music (*Music camp fulfilled this requirement)

Master Stan (4th grade)
Art
English
Handwriting
History
Math
Music
Phonics
PE (archery)
Reading
Religion
Science
Spelling
Vocab

* Living Liturgy -
September 8, St. Adrian (304)

Around our house ~

* David's brother, Daniel, was in Dallas on business and spent Sunday/Sunday night with us.



* This is SO my husband!



From the kitchen ~

We loved the new recipe, (crock pot) Shredded Tacos!  (Recipe found here.)



I am praying for ~

* a blessed school year for everyone

* all dads who work so hard to financially support their family's home schools

* homeschool mamas

* for all those who have asked me to pray for them

* for an end to abortion


I am listening to ~

Miss Clementine play with her toy kitchen. (She is making soup.)


Coming down the pike this week ~

* Sunday - Uncle Daniel visits
* Tuesday - Dental appointment for myself
* Wednesday - Dental appointment for all the kids
* Sunday - Back-to-School Mtg for our homeschool mamas.

A last photo to share ~


A couple of nights ago, I made a bed-on-the-floor, right next to ours,  for Miss Clementine after she had a bad dream.  I woke up to find her like this... I guess she needed to be closer to her mama ;)

Good thing I saw her before I stepped on her!

Have a great week!!

~ Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a happy and productive school year, my friend.
    And a bed on the floor?
    We do that all the time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Clementine! Bad dreams are awful.
    My husband is the same way about Netflix. And I hope your husband isn't a MASH fan because it goes on forever! The tune can make everyone else in the family sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bed on the floor for a bad dream... I do the same thing!!! Praying for your homeschool year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like you are off to a great start! The kids sure are growing up and I can't believe you have a freshman and junior!! eek! We started Monday and have school tomorrow and Friday as well. It will take some adjustment and then will be slightly disrupted by a new arrival, but we'll just have to roll with it. :)

    Sept 8 is also Mary's birthday and Reed and my anniversary, 14 years! We shall see if baby arrives in time for the event or shows up for his/her own special day.

    Blessings on your week and good luck at the dentist! I'm off to the midwife today and will start the weekly appointments. Baby day is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty! You are so busy, as usual, but so grace-filled as you walk your days in family, school planning, visitors and meal planning. You're an inspiration to me in multi-tasking with love.
    I hope Billy's retreat was a wonderful experience for him!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails