Thursday, August 13, 2015
(Crock Pot) Shredded Tacos
SO good! (And another one of those recipes that makes your house edible while its cooking!)
1 (2.5 lb) chuck roast
1 (14 oz) can beef broth
1 1/2 TBSP chili powder
1/2 TBSP cumin
1/2 TBSP onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Juice of 1 lime
1. Place the roast in your crock pot and pour the beef broth over it. (I always use the crock pot liners, btw.)
2. Squeeze the fresh lime juice over the roast.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over the roast.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
5. Remove roast from slow cooker, shred beef (remove fat) and return shredded beef to slow cooker. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.
6. Remove beef from slow cooker with tongs to remove juices when plating or drain in a colander. Serve with desired toppings.
I found this delicious recipe over at happilyholtsclaw.
~ Patty ~