I'm not complaining though. This is Texas and it is the beginning of August. It sure does make me tend to be a bit more lazy. Why is that anyway?
I am thankful for ~
* the right to homeschool
* air conditioned homes
* my husband's sense of humor
* lazy days of summer
* Grammy's visit
What I am reading ~
I REALLY like this book. It's an easy read, broken into five chapters, and each chapter has about five or six sections. At the end of each chapter, there's some thought-provoking questions (which makes this a good book to read and discuss in a book club) along with a prayer pertaining to the subject of that chapter. I kind of think of it as a "quick start" book you receive when you purchase a new piece of technology.
From the school room ~
* One of their favorite days of school is when we go buy supplies.
The second favorite day is the last day of school. Ha ha ha!
* Today is our first day of the 2015-2016 school year!
No cute bulletin board was put up this year. I could not find any back-to-school cards to put on their night stands the night before. No big fanfare or hoopla.
I am not beating myself up. We are kind of just there, being mellow. Blame it on the heat, I don't know.
We will get to those things eventually.
(They did wake up to donuts to kick off the first day of school!)
Around the house ~
Can you imagine pulling 7 horses and teenage girls to a good, old-fashioned riding competition? (Me neither!) Miss Ester's instructor is amazing!
Their new flavor was unrolled last week on National Cheesecake Day!
A handful of mommy friends from my homeschool group got together, kind of last minute. Dang! It was good.
I am praying for ~
* my nieces who had a very difficult decision to make regarding the health of their estranged father
* our priests
* an end to abortion
* for all those who have asked me to pray for them
I am listening to ~
* bugs outside and the running a.c.
Coming down the pike this week ~
* Monday is the first day of the school year!
* Mon-Thurs music camp at church (in the mornings) for Stan and Mabel
* Swim lessons begin for Miss Clementine (in the evenings)
* Saturday - hair cut for myself
* Sunday - our homeschool group is hosting the author of Dressing with Dignity, Colleen Hammond, at our church hall.
Another picture to share ~
My mom and I while she was here in Texas. We miss her but look forward to seeing her and my entire (crazy huge) family in September.
Wishing you a great first week of August!
~ Patty ~