Friday, July 17, 2015

We Got Hitched

On July 21, 1995

20 years ago (a Friday night Nuptial Mass)

6:00 o'clock in the evening


Big D and I are bustin' out of town!  Woot!  Woot!

We are flying Grammy down (she arrives tomorrow) to stay with the kids ..........  the first time in 5 years that we are getting away all by ourselves!

We feel like love-struck teenagers!

We come from LONG lines of love...


Our parents celebrated a total of 104 years of Holy Matrimony before both of our fathers passed away.

David's side of the Holy Matrimony tree ::

Top left - David's maternal grandparents, Germain and Samuel Gaines

Bottom left - David's parents, Clare and William Hughes

Bottom right - David's paternal grandparents, James and Helen Hughes


My side of the Holy Matrimony tree ::


Top left - my maternal grandparents, Frances and Louis Achin

Bottom left - my parents, Loretta and Joseph Story

Bottom right - my paternal grandparents, Adrian and Erma Story


Please keep my mom (Grammy) in your prayers that all goes well while we are gone (almost a week),  and toss a spare one up for Big D and I, that we have a safe trip.  I would be forever in your debt ;)

~  Patty  ~

11 comments:

  1. I already am!!! And oh THAT KISS!!! You look like you're swept off your feet... wozza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Tara said exactly what I was thinking!!! Wow!!!!! : )
    Have a wonderful, wonderful time with your man.
    Your Mamma has it all under control.
    Sending prayers for fun and safety! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are just the.cutest. I love all the wedding photos from both sides of your families. Very sweet. Enjoy your time away, you two lovebirds. Sending prayers for you all and Grammy will do just fine. We will totally expect photos when you are back. Ok, well, maybe not photos of EVERYTHING *wink wink*. *blush* May your time away be a wonderful time to celebrate your 20 years together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Getting away together is such a wonderful thing! And when it doesn't happen often, it's all the more special. Todd and I are celebrating 17 years today. The years really fly by, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! I'm sure Grammy will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful!! Have a magical get away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree....what a kiss!
    Congratulations on 20 years. I'm so glad you have this time away together. Can't wait to read all about it.
    I'm amazed at the gallery of wedding photos on both sides of your family. What a treasure.
    Prayers for Grammy and you two as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails