Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~


We held an Independence Day pancake breakfast on the Fourth.   Fun times!

I am thankful for ~

Yummy food


Bacon. Sausage. Pancakes (cooked in bacon grease...sigh).  Blueberries.  Strawberries.  Whip cream. OJ.  Coffee.  H20.


Friends

We had a couple of neighbor families over, one homeschool family (that we've been trying to hook up with like forever), and one family we know from the horse lessons.


What I am reading ~

I'm taking a break this week as I prepare for an upcoming vacation.


From the school room ~

Same old. Same old.

Ester : Pre Algebra and keyboarding
Stan : Math and English review throughout the summer break
Sally :  Driver's Ed


Around the house ~


After our pancake breakfast, which was a total success, we went to the pool and then to Mass before heading over to the soccer complex to watch fireworks.

This was Miss Clementine's first time to see fireworks!


She was highly impressed for about 5 minutes.  Then the remaining 15 were spent on my lap wanting to go home.

(She fell sound asleep on the way home ;)

Miss Sally had to work at directing traffic since she's part of the Parks and Rec team.  Do you know how old that made me feel???

From the kitchen ~

Creamy Blueberry Pie (recipe here)



I am praying for ~ 

* our country

* our servicemen and women

* all those who have asked me to pray for them

* our priests

I am listening to ~

Stand and Clementine playing play dough at the table

Coming down the pike this week ~

* Sunday - youth group
* Monday - Thursday : Miss Sally is working split shift the next two weeks
* Tuesday - horse riding lessons (Ester and Mabel)
* Wednesday - ballet
* Thursday - PT for Sally's knee
* Thursday - Swing dancing for teens

More photos to share ~

Keeping things classy with a good, old-fashioned cherry seed spittin' contest.


And of course, the grown men can't let the teenagers show them up!




We don't get out that often ;)

Have a great week, folks!!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. What a great 4th! The breakfast with friends sounds like a great idea and looks like a blast. How fun! Now the cherry spittin' contest that looks intense. What a hoot! :) Vacation, huh? Will be eager to read all about it. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys celebrate right!
    Have a great week, m friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are always so happy and full of life and color! And good food! Have I told you how blessed your family is? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this post. What a great idea to have a 4th of July pancake breakfast. I SO want to do that tradition now. Or, maybe I will just move to Texas and you can invite me to yours. That way I can also do that totally fun cherry game as well. You and your family look like so much fun. Such great memories you're creating for the kids. Great job, Mom! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The creamy blueberry pie looks absolutely delicious!

    It appears you all had a very lovely 4th of July.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails