As I type this, it has been 10 days since our last rainfall. Lakes, rivers, and streams are slowly receding. Texas is returning to its normal sizzle.
His boredom buster...
I am thankful for ~
* Pink things drying on the line.
* A house that wasn't affected by the terrible flooding
* A severe drought that lasted years
Lake Lavon is about 15 minutes from our house. These pictures are from the drought, and then after the rains fell during May.
What I am reading ~
Rocking the Cradle Catholic : Raising Little Saints in a Lukewarm Culture
From the school room ~
Miss Mabel entered an essay contest. She had to write a 650-1000 word essay on a Catholic, historical character who influenced the times he lived in. The character she chose to write about was Blessed Junipero Serra, a Franciscan Missionary who fought for better laws to protect American Indians and taught the Indians how to farm, read, and write, and introduced God to them.
(We are waiting for the publishing company to announce the winner.)
Around our house ~
* The Lego Americana Roadshow - A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. and free!
All made out of Lego's, these scaled replicas were depictions of some of our country's greatest historical monuments.
That would be Mt. Rushmore with an added character, President Business from The Lego Movie.
* Plenty of liquid adventures!
* Life ::
Tick Tack Toe - boredom buster - Dollar Tree version (shower curtain, masking tape, and Frisbees)
Swim party for Miss Mabel and friends from our home school group
My little laundry assistant
David and Miss Sally took in a Rangers/ White Sox game.
Miss Clementine's first, plastic swimming pool
* We celebrated Stan the man's Baptism birthday last week.
From the kitchen ~
I made Sarah's (crock pot) Apple Dump cake two weekends in a row!
2 cans of apple pie filling, 1/2 cup of butter, 1 boxed yellow cake mix. That's it!
It smelled yummy-licious as it cooked in the crock pot all afternoon...
But! If only we had our Blue Bell ice cream back :(
From someone else's kitchen ~
The love of my life woke me up early on Saturday morning, (6:30 in fact), and told me to get dressed for a surprise breakfast out. We were in Dallas by 7:00am at Crossroads Diner.
We split a sticky bun, and then I ordered Eggs Florentine. Oh my word! Made from scratch, delicious-ness!!
The occasion? We just really needed a date!
I am praying for ~
* flood victims in Texas (and in Oklahoma)
* the safety of all campers at horse camp this week
* for the safety and spiritual growth of all the youth attending the Catholic Heart Work Camp in Denver next week (Miss Sally and Ester leave on Saturday.)
* for all those who have asked me to pray for them
Coming the pike this week ~
* Monday-Friday - horse camp for Miss Ester and Miss Mabel
* Tuesday - Archery (for Stan)
* Tuesday - PT for Miss Sally's swimmer's knee
* Tuesday - Feast day - St. Columbcille (a.k.a. St. Columba)
* Wednesday - Ballet for Miss Clementine
* Saturday - Miss Sally and Ester depart on their week-long mission trip
A last photo to share ~
With 4 girls in one bathroom, they need all the space saving they can get!!
David installed 2 roll out shelves in one side of their double vanity. *(He builds, sells, and installs these.)
It's been on my "to do" list for quite some time. The other vanity (sink base) we left untouched since the plumbing takes up so much of the space.
Have a great week!!
~ Patty ~