Sunday, June 28, 2015

(Late) Summer Solstice - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~


Last Friday morning, we briefly (like 5 minutes) had the pool to ourselves.  It was wonderful!

Our temps have been in the mid 90's and the skies have been blue.  We are enjoying our summer so far.  How about you?


I am thankful for ~

* a safe mission trip for the teens and chaperones

* 2 teenagers working  (What a weird - but - in - a -good - way feeling at the same time!)

* the Sacrament of Holy Marriage

* another date with my hubs (We schedule them regularly now.)

What I am reading ~

* Rocking the Cradle Catholic (Almost finished)

* 40 Unforgettable Dates with Your Mate


This book was recommended by the author of Rocking the Cradle Catholic.  Gary explains to the female readers how a man ticks.  Barbara explains to the male readers how a woman ticks.  I'm not sure if I am going to read the entire book, but what I have read has given me deeper perspective into what makes a man act the way he does.

From the school room ~

* Stan the man continues to plug away with Math and English a few days a week...just so he doesn't forget.

*  Miss Ester is doing a good job with her Keyboarding class (a credit for High School).

* Miss Sally has been driving a lot, and  I see her confidence growing more and more.  She is growing more intuitive.


Around our house Denver ~


Miss Sally in action on the mission trip.  The girl has power!

And Miss Ester's crew did yard work and some house cleaning for a widow.  (That would be a crew member with her...I believe from a parish up in WI.)


From the kitchen ~

Plum Cobbler.  Plum delicious!


(Recipe coming soon!)

I am praying for ~

* Christians

* for the repose of the soul of my husband's oldest cousin, Richard, who passed away at 68 this past week

* all those who have asked me to pray for them


I am listening to ~

My washing machine working on a teensy tiny plum stain on my white shirt...my favorite, white shirt.


Coming down the pike this week ~

Well, with two teenagers working, (one working the split shift), things are going to be hairy.

Monday - Doctor appointment for Stan
Tuesday - Archery (last day)
Wednesday - PT for Miss Sally's old knee injury
Thursday - Book Club night
Friday - Miss Sally's hair appointment (she's getting highlights for the first time - ombre style!)
Saturday - July 4th pancake breakfast for neighbors at our house!


A last photo to share ~


Big sisters are good for helping put on sunblock before heading out to the pool :)

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. I love the matching swim suits, too! It looks like you are having a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is precious. I'm glad your girls had a good mission trip. What a great experience for them.
    Oh, and your poor white shirt. I hope the stain came out.
    Now I'm off to go look up what "ombre style" is.
    Have a great week, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, that last picture is my favorite!!

    Glad the mission trip went so well!

    Happy summer...love the pool picture too...looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunblock picture! With your little one on the chair.. Oh how I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty! I hope that stain came out of your favorite while shirt? I just had to soak one of mine, as it got coffee on it. I have a fabulous soak 'recipe' for stains, if you ever want it.

    Still waiting for your stamp of approval on Rocking the Cradle Catholic. Hope you're enjoying it?
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I borrow Miss Sally? I have lots of projects. ;)

    The cobbler looks delicious, what a great cook you are. Your family is blessed!!

    Big sisters are such gifts to have around.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails