Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hump Day Photo Dump

It's Wednesday, hump day.  I'm sitting here watching Tropical Storm Bill dump rain on us.  The rain and winds come in bands, like an ebb and flow.  No flooding for us, but there is for others.  

The two oldest are working hard on their mission trip.  (I've enjoyed receiving the photos of their day-to-day activities.) 

It's definitely been a slower pace even though the photo dump below appears otherwise.

Miss Clementine follows me e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.!!  I've never had a child so attached to me.  While I am in the shower, she draws family members on my glass shower curtain.


Miss Mabel took a nasty fall from her horse while practicing some jumps.  Nothing broke, but very tender.  She'll need a sling for a little bit.

Monday night I almost stepped on this dead, baby tarantula.  It was dinner for the fire ants.  (Those tiny, black marks in the photo.)


I've been cleaning one bedroom floor a day this week.  Like move-all-the-furniture clean.  Good grief the dust bunnies that collect!!

Tollhouse Chocolate Chips.  They speak for themselves :)

My neighbor dropped off fresh, hand-picked blackberries.  David's fave!  So I made my first-ever blackberry pie.  (It isn't too pretty, but it tasted awesome!)


Wednesday morning ballet for Miss Clementine.

And a couple of pics from Stan the man's archery class yesterday.  (Got it in before the rains came.)

Here's hoping your week is going smoothly!

~  Patty ~

6 comments:

  1. Seeing your week just makes me happy! You should see me right now with my big grin on my face. Quentin was my first child that followed me around, too. He still is momma's boy. :) I love Mabel's shirt. Yes, we have four cats and they shed so much hair that we have double the dust bunnies. Your pie looks delicious to me! Love the activities. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a BABY tarantula?!! Nine hundred gulps. Although they're surely easier to spot than if they were tiny.

    How sweet that Miss Clementine is so attached to you. I love her shower door art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks yummy!
    Clementine's people art looks a lot like my Lilly's people art on my shower. :) lots of face details and then long legs. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Nancy on the tarantula. I nearly choked on my coffee!
    I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones with dust bunnies.
    The kids look like they're having fun in their classes. My kids would be all over an archery class. We have bows here, but the arrows have mysteriously disappeared or have gotten eaten by the lawn mower.
    Enjoy the rest of your week, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great week so far, low key but productive. Ours is about the same before heading into a much busier one next week. I'm trying to figure out how we got to Thursday and I don't feel like I really did a ton of stuff that I was suppose to get done. I did get errands done minus kiddos and a haircut yesterday, so I guess that was progress enough.

    Blessings on the rest of your week and I hope Mabel heals up quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a blackberry pie on Thursday--we were on the same wavelength!

    (EWWWW to the spider…but that steam sketch, so cute!)

    :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails