Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bye Bye, Nellie.

We recently laid to rest Mabel's pet frog, Nellie.  Nellie would have turned the big 0-4 in September. (I'm sure that is huge in frog years, right??)

She was preceded in death by Percival, her loving, frog- husband and her cousins Bill & Ben.  (Ben's emotional send off from 2010 can be found here.)


Trying to keep things on a happier note, Mabel picked out burial box from the holiday selection.  After a simple prayer, she was buried.  (And Stan was warned not to dig that box up.  Ever.)

Owner  Family &  Friends of the frog were treated to a celebration of life by hitting up Sonic afterward.


Cheers to Nellie!

We will miss you!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. We had frogs, too. The kind you grow from eggs you send away for -- good homeschool fun. Their bodies went in the creek (we thought they would prefer a watery grave). We do have many a gerbil buried in the back yard, as well as the ashes of a beloved dog. Pet loss is hard, even when it's a lil' ol' frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! I just love the rituals in your family. Even a frog-death is a celebration and a reason to go out as a clan. I think that's awesome! Eternal rest grant to Nellie Oh Lord.

    (My husband loves the Lime Slushes at Sonic!)
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not supposed to be chuckling but I can't help it. Like the part that said, "stan was warned to not dig up that box. Ever." Just plain funny... I love coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Clementine with her hands folded in prayer! So...Stan likes to dig stuff up, does he? :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails