Monday, June 22, 2015

Blackberry Pie

Our neighbor brought over some freshly, handpicked blackberries a couple of weeks ago.  David told me that he wanted blackberry pie...his fave.  (We've been married 20 years,  that was news to me.)

So I went on all recipes dot com and made this::


Never mind that I was short on berries and never mind that my pie crust isn't pretty, but the end taste?  Oh my word!  It was delicious!!

Ingredients ~

4 cups fresh blackberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 recipe for pastry 9" double pie crust (or use frozen)
2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup white sugar

Directions ~

1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2.  Combine  3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour.  Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell.  Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust.  Seal, crimp the edges, and cut vents in the top crust for steam escape.

3.  Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.

4.  Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.  Reduce the temp of the oven to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.  Cool on wire rack.

Recipe can be found here. 

Enjoy!

~  Patty ~

3 comments:

  1. Love that... that you've been married for 20 years and you learned something new! But even better.. you figured it out and made it! Bet it was goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I might have to try it. I forgot to tell you I made the ham/cheese casserole you posted a couple of weeks ago. We LOVED it. That recipe is a keeper. And if I keep cooking your recipes, the 5 extra pounds I'm carrying will be a keeper, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails