Last Friday morning, we briefly (like 5 minutes) had the pool to ourselves. It was wonderful!
Our temps have been in the mid 90's and the skies have been blue. We are enjoying our summer so far. How about you?
I am thankful for ~
* a safe mission trip for the teens and chaperones
* 2 teenagers working (What a weird - but - in - a -good - way feeling at the same time!)
* the Sacrament of Holy Marriage
* another date with my hubs (We schedule them regularly now.)
What I am reading ~
* Rocking the Cradle Catholic (Almost finished)
* 40 Unforgettable Dates with Your Mate
This book was recommended by the author of Rocking the Cradle Catholic. Gary explains to the female readers how a man ticks. Barbara explains to the male readers how a woman ticks. I'm not sure if I am going to read the entire book, but what I have read has given me deeper perspective into what makes a man act the way he does.
From the school room ~
* Stan the man continues to plug away with Math and English a few days a week...just so he doesn't forget.
* Miss Ester is doing a good job with her Keyboarding class (a credit for High School).
* Miss Sally has been driving a lot, and I see her confidence growing more and more. She is growing more intuitive.
Miss Sally in action on the mission trip. The girl has power!
And Miss Ester's crew did yard work and some house cleaning for a widow. (That would be a crew member with her...I believe from a parish up in WI.)
From the kitchen ~
Plum Cobbler. Plum delicious!
(Recipe coming soon!)
I am praying for ~
* for the repose of the soul of my husband's oldest cousin, Richard, who passed away at 68 this past week
* all those who have asked me to pray for them
I am listening to ~
My washing machine working on a teensy tiny plum stain on my white shirt...my favorite, white shirt.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Well, with two teenagers working, (one working the split shift), things are going to be hairy.
Monday - Doctor appointment for Stan
Tuesday - Archery (last day)
Wednesday - PT for Miss Sally's old knee injury
Thursday - Book Club night
Friday - Miss Sally's hair appointment (she's getting highlights for the first time - ombre style!)
Saturday - July 4th pancake breakfast for neighbors at our house!
A last photo to share ~
Big sisters are good for helping put on sunblock before heading out to the pool :)
~ Patty ~