Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunshine Days - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

The rains have stopped (for now), and our lakes are full to the brim (thank God)!   Blue skies reign.


I am thankful for ~

 ~ My children 




What I am reading ~

Still nothing.  Our plates have been full, and I fall into bed exhausted these days.  



From the school room ~

~ Schooling outside in the sunshine












~ This is Stan's last week of school.  He is thrilled, but I plan on having him continue with Math throughout the summer.

~ The older three have just two weeks left.

~  I have ordered our CAT achievement tests for Ester, Mabel, and Stan.  They will take them starting the week of May 18.

~  Selfie attempt  and  nice-old-lady-walking-by attempt











(Outside the Perot Museum of Nature and Science where we went on a field trip last Tuesday.)



Around our house ~

 ~ Youth group has kept us incredibly busy with fund raising for the mission trip in June.  Miss Sally and Miss Ester will both be attending this year.

~  Crop duster.   (It came so close to clipping the rooftops.)



~ David surprised Stan the Man last Friday when he arrived home early from work and took Stan bow fishing up on the Red River.


(White Amur a.k.a. grass carp but really no relation to carp.)



(My three older girls and a neighbor girl washed my van for me over the weekend.)


From the kitchen ~

Stan the Man planned our dinner last Sunday.  He chose Chicken Alfredo with Angel Hair Pasta and steamed corn ;)




I am praying for ~

~ All those who are receiving the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation this spring

~ All those who are graduating

~ For all those who have asked me to pray for them



I am listening to ~

Miss Clementine is playing with some old Polly Pockets of her sisters.  I just LOVE her little imagination and her sweet voice!  

Coming down the pike this week ~

~ Monday - Art class for Miss Sally and Miss Ester
~ Monday - Archery for Stan and Miss Mabel (It was moved up since we are expected to get more rain on Tuesday.)
~ Tuesday - Going away dinner for a dear home school friend of mine. (The thought of her moving really breaks my heart.)
~ Saturday - Day in the country as we visit some friends on their ranch.


Final Photo(s) to share ~

The child only wears dresses.  (This is her newest and I think it is over-the-moon adorable. From Zulily.)



Wishing you all a fantastic week!  

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That fish is almost as big as he is!
    I love Zulily dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Stan catching that big fish! Very impressive.
    I kept looking and looking for the "old" lady in that selfie....were you talking about yourself? Too funny, Patty.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cupcakes in the grass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved getting a glimpse into your days!!! Feels like I never left blogging. BTW…who is that PRESCHOOLER in your pictures????!!!!! Ummm…wasn't Clementine a baby yesterday???!!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we were neighbors -- your days look so normal and I feel like no one is "normal" any more. But I'm sorry, I just can't move to Texas. Our neighbors are moving soon -- the house right next door -- on a cul de sac, with a creek in the backyard. Come on Patty, won't you move to Ohio? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying the sunshine photos. We love these days! We are so excited to get outside, go for walks and bike rides, plus all the gardening and outdoor work has begun.
    You've been so busy! We have about 4 more weeks of school here and I'm (secretly) doing a happy dance. I am ready for the break. We're taking the CAT the same week!! :)
    Great supper choice, Stan! Looks delicious and I wish I could've sat down for a bit to enjoy it with you all. C in that dress is just too precious. Polly Pockets from sisters must be all the rage. That's exactly what my girls got into last week :)

    Have a wonderful week! More sunshine and some rain on tap for us here. The lawn mower will need to come out of hibernation this week I'm pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that's over-the-moon adorable!!! And I must say that is SOME fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patty! That fish is HUGE! Did he spear it then? Or use an arrow? Not too sure what bow fishing is. How fun to have a clean car. I love that! The Zulily dress is so cute. What a little lady you have on your hands :)
    Good for you for 'fessin up to not having a book to read right now. I go through spurts myself. Sometimes I'm reading like crazy, other times I just don't have enough space in the day to do it.
    Hope today was a sunny, fun day at your house!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails