Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Sunshine.  The first time in a long time!



I am thankful for ~

Motherhood.

(Our Lady of Innocence...my favorite image of Our Lady.)

What I am reading ~

I have some ideas for summer reading...

* A Catholic Parent's Tool Box - Raising Healthy Families in the 21st Century
* Rocking the Cradle - Raising Little Saints in a Lukewarm Culture

From the school room ~

* Stan the man is officially a fourth grader!



He successfully completed :

Art
English
Handwriting
History
Math
Music
Phonics
PE
Reading
Religion
Science/Health
Spelling
Vocab

* This week is finals week for the older three girls.  

Around our house ~

Group photos are not working for us at the moment.



In the mean time, I'll take 'em as I can get 'em.


From the kitchen ~

The kids planned and prepared my Mother's Day dinner (and dessert).  And because she deserves the credit, Miss Mabel did the majority of the cooking and baking.  That girl LOVES to be in the kitchen!



I am praying for ~

* All those who have asked me to pray for them

* All those who have a mother up in heaven

*  All those who have a child in heaven

*  All those women who desire to be a mother

I am listening to ~

* The hum of my refrigerator
* Stan scraping his spoon on the bowl of cereal


Coming down the pike ~

Tuesday - archery class for Miss Ester and Stan
Friday - Little Flower/ Little Women end-of-year tea party
Saturday - Orientation for Miss Sally's summer job

Final photo to share ~

Miss Charlotte, a little philly, was born at the stables last month.  Isn't she precious??



Happy Mother's Day!

~  Patty  ~

11 comments:

  1. How fortunate you are to have a child who loves to cook. That's such a gift! My husband managed to get dinner on the table for my mother and I, and the kids, but I think that's the first time in almost 30 years of marriage. and the only reason he did is I've really messed up my knee and I can hardly bear weight on it, much less move around the kitchen. The kids only did what they were "forced" to do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear about your knee, Barbara!! I wonder if things would be different around my house if my mother or MIL lived nearby and we had them over on Mother's Day? My kids had asked earlier in the week what I would like and I told them to have someone plan, cook, and clean up the meal ;) My wish was their command! Prayers that your knee starts healing soon.

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures, especially the first one with Miss C rolling those eyes. What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! Happy Mother's Day to you!

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, my friend! I know what you mean about family portraits. We liked that Kid's Cookbook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much do I love this one, Patty?!
    Those pictures are wonderful!!!
    So precious and fun!
    Your Mother's Day looks perfect.
    Wouldn't it be great to get our kids together? The big ones could talk makeup... The cooks could swap recipes... The boys could be boys... And the babies? Oh the fun they would have!
    Have a wonderful week, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my favorite images of Our Lady as well. I also really like the Washday Madonna (not sure if that is the official title or not) My Haley drew me a version of it last year....just need to find it and hang it in the laundry room.

    And, still LOVING that dress of yours! You and little Clementine match so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one beautiful mom! You look so pretty in those pictures with the kids. And the kids....adorable. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day and that the storms passed you by, for the most part. I was worried for you all weekend hearing the news of the tornadoes because I wasn't sue what part of Texas you were in!
    Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures of you and your family! All great!
    Little ponies are just the cutest, tiny copies of their mamas.
    I need some of that sunshine about now.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patty! My fav photo is the one of you and your husband looking surprised. So cute!! And the little pony is so cute too. Congrats to Stan on graduation, btw. He hung in there and got it done :)
    Will you let me know how you like the "Rocking the Cradle" book? It sounds like something my daughter and SIL would like, if you recommend it.

    Happy Wednesday :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so beautiful! Inside and out, you glow! I love all the pictures. I am really interested in the books you are reading. What do you think of them? They both sound great and I am looking for something like that to read this summer. Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails