Wednesday, May 27, 2015

End of the School Year - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Today we woke up to sunshine.  (It's been a long time since this has happened.)

Have you seen the news?  Tornadoes and devastating floods.

As for my family, we are safe.  We do not live in the immediate vicinity of any any rivers, streams, or lakes.  I pray for the families of loved ones who have lost their lives.

I am thankful for ~

* life

* the freedom to homeschool

* mi familia

* the roof over my head


What I am reading ~

I am almost finished reading...


Everyone experiences anger as an emotion, but how you react to it is what makes it sinful or not.  It's an excellent book, one that everyone should read.

From the school room ~

* Miss Sally is officially a junior!



She successfully completed ::

Chemistry
English
Geometry
Keyboarding
Religion
Spanish II
Economics
World History
Art
Swim Team

(She was way overloaded this year, but she worked her way through it.  We will avoid doing that again!)


* Miss Ester graduated from the 8th grade this past weekend with a graduation mass.


* Summer school plans...

~ Miss Ester will be taking a keyboarding class (high school credit) ... preparing for all the papers she will be typing in high school.   She will also continue to dabble in some Pre-Algebra throughout the summer.

~ Miss Sally will be finishing up Driver's Ed and two more chemistry labs.

~ Stan the man will be dabbling in Math and English twice a week.

Around our house ~

* The subdivision pool opened almost two weeks ago.


I've only been in it once!  (The older three get over there more often.)


Gosh how I miss the days when the kids were smaller, schooling was easier, and we'd be swimming every day starting on the first of May!

From the kitchen ~

We had our pastor over for dinner after the graduation Mass on Saturday.  All the men were standing in the kitchen eating and telling Father about Jim Gaffigan.  (I thought Father was going to choke on his food laughing...."I'm Catholic.  But my wife, she's a Shiite Catholic!")  

I am praying for ~ 

* all those who have asked me to pray for them

* my Ester and my Confirmation class...as they receive the Sacrament of Confirmation this Sunday

* for the victims of the floods and tornadoes

I am listening to ~

My girls are upstairs watching a movie.  Otherwise, the house is quiet with a few still sleeping.

Coming down the pike this week ~

* Monday - neighbors over for a fish fry
* Tuesday - Confirmation rehearsal
* Tuesday - Doctor's visit - blood work - have to keep up on my thyroid.  I think it's off kilter.
* Saturday - Sally's work orientation
* Saturday - Youth group's mission trip fund raiser (talent show)
* Sunday - Confirmation Mass

A few last photos to share ~




It's hump day!  Hope the rest of your week is grand :)

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. That pool would've felt good yesterday. It was in the low 80's and hotter with this extra weight and belly. I am not good in the heat.
    Jim Gaffigan cracks me up. Like crazy good Catholic comedy. Hilarious.
    We've been thinking of you all when we hear about all the rain and weather stuff there. Glad to hear you are ok where you are at and praying for those who are not.
    Wrapping up school here and it looks like a field trip for tomorrow may not happen. :( Suppose to be much cooler and rain where we were intending to go. May need a back up plan.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all the completion of hard work! That pool looks mighty tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all the completion of hard work! That pool looks mighty tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails