Oh my word, these were awesome! My family absolutely loved these sandwiches, and I am so grateful to the friend who suggested them!
Baked Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches (With Dijon Sauce)
* 1/2 cups melted butter *I tweaked the original recipe and cut back on the amount of butter.
* 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
* 1 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
* 1 1/2 tbsp of poppy seeds
* 1 tbsp of dried minced onion *It's fine without the minced onion.
* 24 mini sandwich rolls (I used a King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls)
* 1 pound of thinly sliced cooked deli-style ham
* 1 pound of thinly sliced Swiss Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. In a bowl, mix together the butter, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, poppy seeds, and dried minced onions. Separate the tops from the bottoms of the rolls and place the bottoms pieces in the greased dish.
3. Next place half the ham down on the rolls followed by all of the cheese.
4. Lay the rest of the ham on top of the cheese followed by the tops of the rolls.
5. Pour the mustard mixture evenly over the tops of the rolls. (Next time I plan on spooning it over since the rolls created a tight fit which caused it to overflow the sides.)
6. Bake in the preheated oven till the rolls are slightly browned, the cheese is melted...about 25 minutes.
7. Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.
My friend found the recipe on allrecipes.com, here.
Prep Time :: 15 mins
Bake Time :: 25 mins
~ Patty ~