Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Baked Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches (With Dijon Sauce)

Oh my word, these were awesome!  My family absolutely loved these sandwiches, and I am so grateful to the friend who suggested them!

Baked Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches (With Dijon Sauce)


Ingredients ::

* 1/2 cups melted butter *I tweaked the original recipe and cut back on the amount of butter.
* 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
* 1 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
* 1 1/2 tbsp of poppy seeds
* 1 tbsp of dried minced onion  *It's fine without the minced onion.
* 24 mini sandwich rolls (I used a King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls)
* 1 pound of thinly sliced cooked deli-style ham
* 1 pound of thinly sliced Swiss Cheese

Directions ::

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a 9x13 baking dish.

2.  In a bowl, mix together the butter, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, poppy seeds, and dried minced onions.  Separate the tops from the bottoms of the rolls and place the bottoms pieces in the greased dish.

(Squeeze them in to make them fit.)

3.  Next place half the ham down on the rolls followed by all of the cheese.




4.  Lay the rest of the ham on top of the cheese followed by the tops of the rolls.

(About that time, my exterior flash decided to act up...hence the bad lighting.)

(Silly me.  See how I had accidentally placed the bottoms of the rolls on the top? They still tasted awesome!)

5.  Pour the mustard mixture evenly over the tops of the rolls.  (Next time I plan on spooning it over since the rolls created a tight fit which caused it to overflow the sides.)



6.  Bake in the preheated oven till the rolls are slightly browned, the cheese is melted...about 25 minutes.


7.  Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.



My friend found the recipe on allrecipes.com, here.

Serves 24

Prep Time :: 15 mins
Bake Time :: 25 mins


Enjoy!

~ Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Funeral Sandwiches! One of our favorites! Did you let them sit in the fridge for a few hours to really soak up the sauce? So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I might make this for a Memorial Day party we are having :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revisiting this one Patty. I think it will be a great dish to make for the Super Bowl party we're headed to this weekend. I made it before and LOVED it.
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly! Great minds think alike! We are entertaining guests this Saturday night; good friends of ours and their grown kids, SIL, grandson :) I just thought of this recipe. So good and easy, fit for a crowd! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails