Friday, April 17, 2015

What's for Sunday dinner?

Spring is in the air!

On Sunday, I am planning on doing some spring flower / shrub planting this weekend.  I am excited because we have decided on what to replace all of our diseased rose bushes with.

In the front, I will put some Indian Hawthorne bushes by the power box.


I have a beautiful row of these in front of my porch, so tying it all in will make it neat and tidy.  They bloom beautiful flowers each spring (which trumpet in the Texas bluebonnets), and they keep their leaves year round.   Most shrubs down here do.

In the back, next to our prickly pear, I plan to put in two Red Yucca plants.


The Red Yucca is a native Texas plant and does quite well in our area.

I am not sure if I will put one by my Mary statue or not.  David had to pull that rose bush out as well.

I LOVE to plant, and rarely have the time these days.  So I'm looking forward to my Sunday :)

Dinner will need to be a crock pot item since I plan to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.

Italian Beef (recipe here) is on the menu along with mashed potatoes and green beans.  Yum! Yum!




Dessert will be Strawberries and Cream Cake (recipe here).


Wishing y'all a wonderful weekend and a blessed Sunday!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    And enjoy your Sunday outside.
    We are planning on cleaning out the garage tomorrow.
    Hopefully we are safe to move the snowplow to the back and pull out the summer toys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning outside work, but looks like rain.
    That strawberry cake is the most requested birthday from my kids. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring planting, crockpot dinner and strawberry cake. You can't go wrong with all that. Sounds perfect. No planting here yet with the weather ups and downs. I did get all my perennials uncovered yesterday and holding out hope for some rain this weekend. So nice to see the green beneath that ugly brown. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers! I love the crockpot dinner. I go in waves on using mine- during extreme heat, I set mine up on the back porch as it puts off a lot of heat for our tiny house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty! I hope you got your gardening done today? It's raining here now, but I did get the chance to start pulling out all the old weeds and leaves I missed last fall. Such a good feeling! The hyacinths and jonquils are up and standing tall!
    Enjoy your dinner :) Pasta night over here!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails