Friday, April 10, 2015

What's for Sunday dinner?

The days continue to blend together as time keeps marching on.  I am feeling the older I get, the faster that my world keeps spinning from one day to the next.

This week has been an emotional week with some heavy stuff going on in our families.  My Aunt Frances passed away (age 85).  She was my mom's last surviving family member.  I feel so bad for my mom right now.  She started burying her own parents at the age of 17 and has seen each family member pass away since, including her husband, my wonderful father.  Aunt Frances will be buried tomorrow, (Saturday).  I will not be going to the funeral as it is too far away from Texas.

We also have an immediate family member diagnosed with cancer.  (I cannot give details yet since he has asked us not to for now.)  There is a treatment, but there is no cure.  David and I am still trying to wrap our brains around this one.  I despise the C word.

My good friend, another home school mom, is moving away.  I have known for sometime and still have trouble dealing with mourning her move.

On the more joyous side...

Miss Sally had her first job interview.  It is for a swim instructor assistant through the city.  She did a great job and will know in the next week or two if she got it.  It would be a sure foot in the door for her, especially since the city has broken ground for a new HUGE aquatics center...Olympic size.  We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Sigh...

I was just sitting at the kitchen table jotting down our menu for the next week.  I have come to LOVE LOVE LOVE our Sunday dinners.

This Sunday I want to do Brisket  - we LOVE brisket!  (Recipe here).


My sides will include::

David's World Famous Coleslaw (recipe here).


Mashed Potatoes

Green Beans

Corn Bread

Dessert...always my favorite part ;)....is going to be Divine Mercy Ice Cream Sundaes (originally found at Catholic Icing). We are making this beautiful feast day part of our Living Liturgy this year.


Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a blessed Sunday!

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. Patty, I am so sorry for the sadness in your family and in your heart today.
    Please know our prayers are with you all.
    My father used to say, "The older you get, the faster it goes!"
    Your Sunday meal looks amazing!!!!
    Have a cozy weekend, my faraway friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! You have my mouth watering now!
    I am so sorry to hear that the big C has touched your family. It is something that is hard to deal with. I know. Please feel free to talk via email any time you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum! You have my mouth watering now!
    I am so sorry to hear that the big C has touched your family. It is something that is hard to deal with. I know. Please feel free to talk via email any time you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and your relative with Cancer. I can feel the heaviness in your heart. I love your Sunday dinners too- can we stop by for some? ;) Just the pictures make my mouth water. Prayers for all and for Sally's job interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty, I'm so sorry to hear that your heart is heavy right now.. aching for the ache your Mom feels and you own as well. I'll be keeping her in my prayers as she faces this week and all of the emotion it brings. So sorry too for your family member. I hate that c word too! And a friend moving away? Well that's just too much to take... call her and tell she can't! As for Sunday dinner.. looks heavenly! I wish I could give you a hug right now... really I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, I am so sorry for your loss.
    We will keep your family, especially your mother, in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! Happy Divine Mercy Sunday to you! It sounds like this day has come around just for you this year. So much sadness... I despise the C word too. It took my mom, and now my dad has it too. Ugh. Yet somehow, God is in the middle of it all, reaching to us to calm our fears.
    "Peace be with you". Well, okay. I'll try that.
    Keeping you in my prayers,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Divine Mercy Sundae?? Aaaa!! I love it!!
    I must try those delicious looking recipes. All of them sound sooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails