Thursday, April 9, 2015

Tuna Salad

I have never put up my mom's tuna salad recipe.  I love it for the fact that it carries so much flavor, and you can tweak the mayo amount to make it less  dry if you want.

Tuna Salad


(Freshly made.  Stick it in the fridge for an hour to serve chilled and allow for the tune to soak up some of the moisture.)







Ingredients:

2-3 eggs, hard boiled (amount is your prefrence)
1/2 cup mayo
8 oz can of tuna (I prefer tuna in water)
1 small chopped onion (I substitute with onion powder to taste)
1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 Sweet Gerskin pickles, chopped

Directions:

1.  Cut up eggs and place in a medium size bowl.  Add mayo, tune, onion, celery, and pickles.  Stir to completely mixed.

2.  Serve fresh or chilled on bread, toast, or even a bed of lettuce.

Servings: 6



Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. Yummmm! Sounds very close to my mom's recipe. Because of my own childhood texture related pickyness, my kids only know the version without onions, celery and eggs. I need to try this on them to see what they think. (I'll probably chop the onion and celery very tiny).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Vitamix for the purpose of stealth feeding! LOL I put those "unliked" items in the blender and blend them to a pulp. They never know!

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy! I like the crunchy added into the tuna. My kids won't touch tuna....such a shame! (They get their dislike of tuna from their dad! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! Would you believe I will only eat tuna salad but NO other fish?! David and the kids are totally opposite of me except my boy.

      Delete
  3. Hi Patty! Tuna salad was a staple at my house growing up. We would have egg salad and tuna salad for dinner, build your own sandwich. Yum! But I never had tuna WITH egg in it. Great idea. And tuna tastes pretty darn good with a slice of cheese too :)
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melted? Is that what a tuna melt is then? (I've never had one.)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails