Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Toxic Moments

Last week was one of the worst weeks I have had in a long time.  Encountering toxic situations weighed heavily on the heart of David and myself.

Anger.  Hatred.  Gossip.  Calculating.  

Why do people  behave in such ways?  Insecurity?  Jealousy?  No one is immune to them and no one is immune to causing them, myself included.

What I do know is that it is hard  to rebound after being on the receiving end.  Growing from these humiliating experiences is so important, but hard when residual effects of hurt stand in the way.   So I wanted to share these thoughts I read just last evening.  Nancy always inspires me and makes me ponder more deeply.  This is from Nancy...What's Lurking in the Foyer



And leaving you with another of Nancy's posts...

In Each Moment


May you find great peace as you do what God expects you to do.

~  Patty  ~

12 comments:

  1. Sorry Patty...
    As Rhett says sometimes, "Mean people suck!"
    Your heart is too good for that...
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Rhett, they sure do. But, God always has a bigger and better plan than those mean people.

      Delete
  2. I was surprised to come here today and find these links! I'm so touched that you found them helpful.

    As soon as I saw your title, I flashed to some of the toxic moments in my own life. I've asked myself your same question - why do people behave in toxic ways? I, too, wonder if jealousy and insecurity are behind some of the "whys." I hope - and I pray - that you're having a much more peaceful time this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I hope you never quite writing!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. This week has been better. Thanks for checking in!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. No one is ever immune. Glad to be on the sunnier side of things though :)

      Delete
  5. Toxic, certainly explains that junk, doesn't it? I hear ya. I am glad that you linked to Nancy's post. She put it so well and definitely gives lots to ponder. It's so true, the more I dwell on these things the more it disrupts my peace, my inner thoughts, my relationships with others and with God. I tend to cling to those things as a way of sorting them out. To work on pushing them out and not letting them reside and 'sit' with me is harder, but so much less toxic to me and my soul.

    Praying for you and a place of healing in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear friend! This week is going so much better! Truly!

      Delete
  6. I read this the other day and have been thinking about you. I know this type of yuck is hard to deal with and hope you can shake it off. (I agree with Rhett ^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thanks for double checking. I have. It helps to have a strong spouse to carry lean on. God is good, and He His plan always trumps. It's just a matter of being patient and weathering the storms.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails