Friday and Saturday brought some strong thunderstorms to Texas at bedtime, but there was only glorious sunshine during the day.
I am thankful for ~
* so many good friends we have made in Texas over the past 8 years
* seeing so many GOOD people in a world that seems to have gone mad
* Miss Sally's new job (swim instructor assistant with the city)
* children who have the drive to be employed
What I am reading ~
Nada. Not since Easter.
From the school room ~
* Stan the Man has finished up a few subjects for the year: Phonics, Vocab, History, Maps & Charts.
* Service Project :: Assembling Survival Kits for the homeless shelter in Dallas
These photos do not do the night justice. One of the moms in our group, Amber, organized this amazing service project. First, she collected the monetary donations from families in our group, and then she purchased items for the kits in bulk quantity. Last Friday night was assembly night where she set up stations for each item and had the kids and parents stood in an assembly line to fill some 85 survival kits.
Survival Kits included: chapstick, tissues, combs, wipes, pens, pads, tooth brushes, toothpaste, deodorant, Gatorade, small food items, apple sauce cups with plastic spoons, holy cards...(and I know I'm missing items from the list.)
There is a group of adults from another parish that take these kits down into the city and deliver them to the homeless shelter.
Around the house ~
They've taken a liking to horse barrel and pole bending races!
We sat outside to watch a thunderstorm blow in on Saturday night...
From the kitchen ~
I was only able to get part of my menu and grocery shopping completed. Need to work on that after I finish this post. (Can we say priorities.)
I am praying for ~
* Heather and her family...that they will be in their new home soon.
* Annie and her family. Annie is the young mother of five battling a horrible monster inside of her.
* For all the persecuted Christians around the world, in particular, for those in the current holocaust taking place in the Middle East and Africa.
I am listening to ~
Silence. It is golden.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday - Art class for Sally and Ester
Tuesday - Archery for Stand and Mabel
Saturday - Garage Sale - for the youth group's mission trip
A final photo to share ~
Wishing you a wonderful week!
~ Patty ~