Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

I had tried plenty of home made mac & cheese recipes before I made this one, and this one has quickly become my family's favorite.  I found it over at South Your Mouth.

Baked Macaroni & Cheese


Ingredients:

8 ounce uncooked ziti
1 egg, beaten
1 cup sour cream
5 oz can evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 cups (12 0z by weight) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Directions:

1.  Cook pasta in liberally salted water per package instructions for al dente preparation (slightly undercooked).  Drain pasta and set aside.

2.  Meanwhile, whisk egg, sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a large bowl until well combined and smooth.  Add pasta and 2 cups cheese then toss to coat.

3.  Add mixture to a small baking dish (about 1.5 quart).  Top mixture with remaining one cup of cheese.  Sprinkle with garlic salt.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly (about 35-40 minutes).



This serves 4-6.

Next time I make this for a meatless meal, I plan to double the recipe (and the dish), and add some peas and carrots to it.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~


8 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog and it's lovely! That recipe looks delicious, will have to add it to my things to try. Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great balls of fire YUM! I'm going to try this one, thanks Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a fun recipe!! I might just have to make that tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks so good Patty, especially since it's lunch time for me now and I need to eat :) I made a M and C recipe for Easter lunch that was delicious too and similar ingredients as yours, but not as many ingredients. I will have to blog about it soon! :)
    Easter blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this looks so yummy! We'll have to try it but with gluten free pasta of course!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to make this tonight and add some bacon -- roasted broccoli on the side. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, this was such a huge hit! I used about 1 cup of smoke Gouda in place of 1 cup of cheddar (simply because it needed to be used) and four slices of cooked and crumbled bacon. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    2. Awesome! There are so many twists you can do with this recipe. Glad it was a hit!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails