Friday, March 13, 2015

What's for Sunday dinner?

How was everyone's week?  Aren't you glad it's Friday?

It's been raining here, every day except Wednesday.  Wednesday's sunshine was glorious, and then the rain came back.

My van is still in the shop.  The new painted fender did not correctly match so they wanted to repaint it.

Did I mention we are renting a small vehicle?  And that we did not have car rental insurance?  And it is spring break in Texas so of course the prices to rent are at their peek?  And it is Friday?  And the body shop is closed until Monday?

We picked the BEST body shop (according to the host of the Saturday am car talk radio show that David listens to faithfully).  Seriously.  Not only do they want to do a perfect job matching the paint colors, but they are going to pay for the remaining bill of the car rental over the weekend!    

The best I tell you!  Thank God!

Moving on...

Sunday dinner.  I saw a new-to-me southern food website, South Your Mouth.  (Isn't that title a hoot?!)  I plan to experiment with a couple of dishes.  One of them is on Sunday.

I plan on serving a ham for Sunday dinner with a side of Squash Casserole (that recipe sounds so delicious!) and with my own Praline Sweet Potato recipe (found here.)


For dessert, I thought I'd experiment by preparing the Mandarin Orange Cake from South Your Mouth.

This dinner and dessert screams spring to me, and we are in need of it!

I'll let y'all know how it turns out...

Have a great weekend and a blessed Saturday!

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great shop to take such good care of you!

    We have your beef sandwiches at least once a month over here at our house. They are a huge hit and I am amazed at how little there is left over. I always think that we'll be able to have it for lunch for a couple of days...teenagers and their appetites! :-) Looking forward to your new recipe review!

    Hope that the sun shines on you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that website!!!!
    I just stumbled upon it as well. : )
    Have a great rest of the weekend, Patty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails