Monday, March 16, 2015

St. Patrick's Day - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

80 degrees.  (Now that's what I'm talking about!)



Those are my new Sperry flip flops that I purchased with some birthday money.  I have never owned a pair of Sperry anything, but I really love the comfort these provide.


What I am thankful for ~

* my husband

* the novena for serenity that he found for both of us to pray

* sunshine

* fresh spring air

From the school room ~

* We had a quiet spring break.  This week we started back.  Hard to believe there are only 9 weeks left in the school year for us.

* Miss Ester was asked to work at the stables for spring break (week 2...Texas takes 2 weeks).  She has the chance to earn money, so she will juggle her school and teach the little kids in group 1 at camp.

* Archery lessons were postponed till tomorrow, St. Patrick's day, due to the rainy week we had over spring break.

BTW, archery lessons are being provided by a home school mom who invested in the gear, took the classes herself, and has the land to set up a shooting range.  We pay her for a 10 class period, (she earns her investment back.)  We are paying $55 for first child, $45 for sibling.  If the student has their own proper bow and arrows, they are only charged $25.  If they do well enough and enjoy it, she hopes to put together a competitive squad.

Brilliant idea!


What we are reading (and watching and listening to) ~


From the kitchen ~

For the feast of St. Patrick, we baked these fun rainbow cupcakes tonight ::


(Directions here.)

I am also cooking up a Crock Pot Potato Soup for the feast of St. Patrick tomorrow.  It is a new recipe.  I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

Around the house ~

Miss Mabel and her daddy worked on building an additional garden box for her.  She loves gardening, so he is giving her her very own.


They scrapped and reused a bunch of pallets from the product David sells.  Her garden will be  5' x 3.5'.  She is excited to do some Square Foot Gardening this spring and summer!

I am praying for ~

* Hope and her family

* the continued recovery of my mom's knee surgery

* our priests

* the unborn

* world peace

* all who have asked me to pray for

I am listening to ~

The wind chimes sound so lovely right now.  I have the windows open and there is such a lovely breeze this evening.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Monday - Miss Ester works at spring break horse camp
Tuesday - Miss Ester works at spring break here camp
              - Pick up my van from body shop
              -  Archery for Stan and Mabel
              - Feast of St. Patrick
Wednesday - Confirmation class resumes after a nice break
Thursday - Feast of St. Joseph
Saturday - Play date (horse competition day) at the stables for Miss Ester and Miss Mabel

A final photo to share ~


St. Patrick, pray for us!

~  Patty  ~


6 comments:

  1. Oh....flipflops...I cannot wait! It think flipflops and flats will be my shoes of choice this summer ;)
    The archery class sounds like fun and perfect for the kids. Enjoy!
    Getting out in the sun and warm temps are making me jealous. We had it nice outside last week and enjoyed what we could. This week is back to more chilly temps. The garden box project looks like a great one for dad and daughter and right up Mabel's alley.

    Happy feast of St. Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We reached 71 yesterday and it was gorgeous! I even let our sick kid out for a little bit. I need to get a new pair of flip flops...those look cute!
    I love Clementine's blue boots.I remember when our little princess had bright pink boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are getting that gorgeous weather! We are still keeping the house from getting too cold by supplementing with the wood stove.The archery idea could be done with all sorts of skills. Great idea. You know we love container gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you are getting that gorgeous weather! We are still keeping the house from getting too cold by supplementing with the wood stove.The archery idea could be done with all sorts of skills. Great idea. You know we love container gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warm weather pics....sidewalk chalk, scooters, flip-flops....loving yours, by the way.
    I am wowed by your daughter building that garden box. Very impressive, nail gun and all! Good for her.
    So many great experiences for your kids. What a good mom you are!
    Oh, and the fact that your husband found a novena for you two to pray together? He's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Patty for the prayers! It will be exciting to see what Miss Mabel plants. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails