Outside my window ~
80 degrees. (Now that's what I'm talking about!)
Those are my new Sperry flip flops that I purchased with some birthday money. I have never owned a pair of Sperry anything, but I really love the comfort these provide.
What I am thankful for ~
* my husband
* the novena for serenity that he found for both of us to pray
* fresh spring air
From the school room ~
* We had a quiet spring break. This week we started back. Hard to believe there are only 9 weeks left in the school year for us.
* Miss Ester was asked to work at the stables for spring break (week 2...Texas takes 2 weeks). She has the chance to earn money, so she will juggle her school and teach the little kids in group 1 at camp.
* Archery lessons were postponed till tomorrow, St. Patrick's day, due to the rainy week we had over spring break.
BTW, archery lessons are being provided by a home school mom who invested in the gear, took the classes herself, and has the land to set up a shooting range. We pay her for a 10 class period, (she earns her investment back.) We are paying $55 for first child, $45 for sibling. If the student has their own proper bow and arrows, they are only charged $25. If they do well enough and enjoy it, she hopes to put together a competitive squad.
What we are reading (and watching and listening to) ~
From the kitchen ~
For the feast of St. Patrick, we baked these fun rainbow cupcakes tonight ::
I am also cooking up a Crock Pot Potato Soup for the feast of St. Patrick tomorrow. It is a new recipe. I'll let you know how it turns out ;)
Around the house ~
Miss Mabel and her daddy worked on building an additional garden box for her. She loves gardening, so he is giving her her very own.
They scrapped and reused a bunch of pallets from the product David sells. Her garden will be 5' x 3.5'. She is excited to do some Square Foot Gardening this spring and summer!
I am praying for ~
* Hope and her family
* the continued recovery of my mom's knee surgery
* our priests
* the unborn
* world peace
* all who have asked me to pray for
I am listening to ~
The wind chimes sound so lovely right now. I have the windows open and there is such a lovely breeze this evening.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday - Miss Ester works at spring break horse camp
Tuesday - Miss Ester works at spring break here camp
- Pick up my van from body shop
- Archery for Stan and Mabel
- Feast of St. Patrick
Wednesday - Confirmation class resumes after a nice break
Thursday - Feast of St. Joseph
Saturday - Play date (horse competition day) at the stables for Miss Ester and Miss Mabel
A final photo to share ~
St. Patrick, pray for us!
~ Patty ~