Sunday, March 15, 2015

Squash Casserole

Over our recent spring break, I started looking for some new recipes to add to our Easter menu when I came across this recipe on South Your Mouth.

The blog owner thought the recipe was the "...BEST squash casserole EVER," and being that the only squash I've ever had was in a minestrone soup that I prepare in my Vitamix, I thought it sounded pretty good.  Definitely worth a try.

And it was!

My family really liked it.



Ingredients:

3 lbs yellow squash, washed and sliced (I cubed mine)
salt & pepper to taste
1 medium onion, grated (I put it in the Vitamix)
1 large carrot, grated (I put it in the Vitamix)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of butter, melted
3 cups of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing


Directions:

1. Boil squash with salt & pepper till tender, then drain well and add to large bowl.

2.  Add onion, carrot, can of cream of chicken soup, sour cream, butter, and blend well.

3.  Fold in two cups of (unprepared) stuffing.

4.  Add mixture to a greased baking dish (2 quart casserole) then top with remaining stuffing.

5.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

I served ours with ham and my praline sweet potato casserole recipe.


Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious Patty! Thanks for sharing! I have a Vitamix too. So you blended the onion and carrot in the Vitamix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I use my Vitamix to chop veggies when recipes call for it.

      Delete
  2. I guess I can figure out the answer. You used the mixer to chop up onion/carrot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always count on you for delicious recipes!
    Always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails