Sunday, March 29, 2015

Holy Week - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Palm Sunday -  Miss Mabel's garden grows!






What I am thankful for ~

* when the boys go camping with the Troops of St. George  ;)

* their safe return

*genuinely good people


What we are reading ~






From the school room ~

A little bit of catching up over the weekend ::

*Miss Sally worked on chemistry labs.
*Miss Ester had to finish her memorization of her Baltimore Catechism lesson.
*Miss Mabel had to catch up on some Math.

We are not taking off of school for Holy Week.

We have just 7 weeks of school left.  (Yes!  We're counting down.)


Around our house ~


From the kitchen ~

I sat down today and planned our Easter meal.  After talking to David, we are both in agreement that grilling out will be just fine.

Easter breakfast:

Cream Cheese Stuffed Blueberry French Toast  (recipe here)



Dinner:

Grilled bratts and burgers

Greek Salad (recipe here)


Baked Asparagus in Balsamic Butter (recipe here)


Cheesy Potato Casserole (recipe here)


Dessert ::

Just a classic White Cake with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting  (recipe here)



So, who's hungry now??


I am praying for ~

* a quiet, meaningful Holy Week (I may only be able to attend Holy Thursday Mass beside Easter Sunday, and I am okay with that.)

* Holy Week to be the best part of my Lenten journey

* my very ill Aunt Frances, my mom's last surviving family member

* my mom, who has had to bury so many family members

I am listening to ~

Silence


Coming down the pike this week ~

Sunday - Palm Sunday
Monday - carpool for art students
Tuesday - horse lessons
Wednesday - No Confirmation class!
Wednesday - Have the vet vaccinate Penny
Thursday - Mass of The Lord's Supper - attend Mass
Friday - Good Friday
Saturday - Holy Saturday
Sunday - Easter Sunday (attend 8am Mass)


A final photo to share ~

May you have a very blessed and fruitful Holy Week!


See you after Easter!

~ Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. We (theoretically) have only 7 weeks of school left as well....but...with taking time off to move and pack, it will be more like 10-11 weeks before we actually complete those 7 weeks! We started packing up the kitchen tonight and I have to reconcile the fact with myself that Easter will be very simple this year. Perhaps that will be good for me - keep the focus on Jesus and not on all the "busy-ness" of preparing food.

    That garden is looking great! So jealous that it's warm enough for things to grow, although we do have one random 70 degree day in the forecast this week.

    Have a blessed Holy Week and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous to see pretty plants peeking out of the soil. Gosh, I cannot wait to see green here!
    Looking at your Easter menu plans, I am drooling over the computer. I like that you keep it simple and just right. We're taking on hosting this year, but it's still a small crowd with just fifteen of us. Sadly, just adults for my kids and no cousins to hang out with. I guess they kind of get used to it. We also have a new nephew whose arrival we're eagerly awaiting any day now or next Tuesday via csection. yay!
    I hope to do a couple extra little things with the kids this Holy Week, but we're keeping up the school work as well. I'm so behind that just recently realized I haven't even ordered testing materials yet. eek! I have to see if it's even possible this late.

    Blessings on your Holy Week. May it be fruitful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum! I love your menu. I can't believe how warm it is at your house. Makes me want spring. It snowed here yesterday. Happy Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum! I love your menu. I can't believe how warm it is at your house. Makes me want spring. It snowed here yesterday. Happy Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your week looks and sounds lovely, Patty.
    We attend 8:00 AM Mass on Easter too!
    And get this...We actually return home and change back into our jammies before the kids hunt for baskets!
    I'm so weird, I know. : )
    Have a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your family a blessed Holy Week and Easter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wrote this quick but well thought out post and now...it got eaten by the internet, ugh!
    Oh well, it is really good to visit your blog again and I love all that you share, I especially love that French Toast recipe that I plan to try soon, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patty! I'm just stopping by to wish you a Happy Easter! May God bless you and yours abundantly in this holy season.
    Happy Spring too!
    Ceil
    PS My husband has been eating so much asparagus lately, I'm surprised you could find any to buy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails