Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Crock Pot Potato Soup

I tried this new simple and delicious recipe on the feast of St. Patrick.  The bonus is, if you take out the bacon and use the substitutes mentioned, this would be another easy meatless Friday meal to add to your list!

Crock Pot Potato Soup



Ingredients:

1 (32 oz) bag frozen hash browns (cubed kind)
1 (32 oz) chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup (or cream of celery)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (not fat free)
3 (oz) real bacon bits (or you can prepare bacon on the side if you have more time)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1.  Put hash browns in the crock pot.

2.  Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and half of the bacon bits.

3.  Add the salt and pepper to taste.

4.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

5.  An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into very small cubes.  Place the cubes int he crock pot.

6.  Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving.  You will want to get it completely mixed in before serving.  Once it is completely mixed in, it is ready to serve.

7.  Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.


(BTW, if you have never used a crock pot liner, I highly recommend them.  They make clean up super easy!)


Servings: 4-6 people
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 7-8 hours

Enjoy!

~  Patty ~

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! Thanks for posting this. I think it would definitely be a good meatless meal. Just pinned it to my Meatless board. Must try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Patty... yum! On another topic... someday will you do a post on raising teen/almost teen girls? I'd so love some words of wisdom / your ideas as to what's important. This is a tricky age we're entering with Anna. I never pictured her over the age of six... after that I'm just guessing. Pretty please. I love your deliberate/ fun/ loving/ faith filled parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming by from Pinterest...Ha! At this point I have NO idea what I was even looking at! =) But, you had me at "adoption"! My youngest sister was adopted and her adoption changed my life and because of her, I adopted my firstborn! So I'm always drawn to other adoptive families...plus, both Christians too! Yay! Anyways, spent just a bit here and already think you are pretty kick-butt!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend...just wanted to leave a note! Hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails