I tried this new simple and delicious recipe on the feast of St. Patrick. The bonus is, if you take out the bacon and use the substitutes mentioned, this would be another easy meatless Friday meal to add to your list!
Crock Pot Potato Soup
1 (32 oz) bag frozen hash browns (cubed kind)
1 (32 oz) chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup (or cream of celery)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (not fat free)
3 (oz) real bacon bits (or you can prepare bacon on the side if you have more time)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put hash browns in the crock pot.
2. Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and half of the bacon bits.
3. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
5. An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into very small cubes. Place the cubes int he crock pot.
6. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving. You will want to get it completely mixed in before serving. Once it is completely mixed in, it is ready to serve.
7. Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.
(BTW, if you have never used a crock pot liner, I highly recommend them. They make clean up super easy!)
Servings: 4-6 people
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 7-8 hours
~ Patty ~