Thursday, February 26, 2015

What's for Sunday dinner?

So Monday we were all iced in like this.

By Tuesday the temps went up, and the roads cleared for us to get to horse lessons.




Does anyone have any special plans for this weekend?  Birthdays?  Anniversaries?  On Friday, we have a special friend coming for dinner.  Father Art.

He likes to play Wii when he comes over...


(I think it is SO important for kids to know that these holy men are human beings who can be approached comfortably as well as respectfully.) 

Dinner menu:

A little bit for everybody on a Friday during Lent...


Egg Salad (recipe here)

(The dill weed and dried mustard gives this recipe a delicious kick!)

Tuna Salad (and this is when I realize that I have never put up my tuna salad recipe.)


Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (Recipe here)


Tossed Green Salad with chopped walnuts, sliced strawberries, and mandarin oranges.

Potato Chips

And for dessert?

I'm thinking just some plain, old-fashioned, home made chocolate chip cookies??



Then there's Sunday dinner...

Since we have not grilled in awhile, I thought it would be a good time to make Grilled Lemon Chicken (recipe here).



I plan on making sides of  Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Garlic Cauliflower (recipe here).



And for Sunday dessert, Texas Sheet Cake sounds about right (recipe here).


Oh man!  I'm hungry now.

Here's wishing you all a warm weekend and a blessed Sunday!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. I never knew there was an egg salad recipe.... so happy to try this... like NOW! To have ready for my lunch for tomorrow! I love to start my lunch at night when I make the girls and Scott's "to go" lunches for their school days. I roll in around 11:30 and am so so hungry. I'll have egg salad or rye... thanks friend! Happy weekend! And I love the pic of Father Art playing wii... how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And again I ask myself "why am I not Patty's neighbor??!!" Those meals sound delicious even before 7 am on a Friday.
    I so agree, keep on inviting those priests over and surround your kids with them. I can't tell you how often my kids remember small things about their visits, as well as the bigger things. Like that they beat a certain priest at the game of Sorry or that he made that one really funny joke or that they found out something new about him they didn't already know. Way cool. I think it's good for them (our current priest is pretty introverted so it takes a bit do draw him in to our home) and so good for us too.

    Happy weekend, sweet Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...priest visits are a wonderful thing.
    It does indeed allow the kids to see them for what they are...people.
    Real people. : )
    Your meals look great as per usual. : )
    Steve and I have a date night tonight!
    In this neck of the woods, Fridays of Lent mean...Fish Fries!!!!
    And then...the most exciting part...a trip to WALMART!
    Have a great weekend, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! I agree with the idea of introducing priests as people. My parents always did that with us. The 'new guy' at our parish when I was about 10 years old became a part of our family. He married my husband and I, and baptized our children. What a blessing!
    Tonight we're having tilapia and salad. I'm trying to cut back on my calories this Lent too, so fish works well. I have to say those special grilled cheese's look pretty darn good though :)
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo with Fr Art! The question is, did he win?! The recipes are lovely. I am struggling with menus as I am on a fibre free (yes you read that correctly) diet from my gastroenterologist. Now, that is a hard Lent! No frut, veg, cereal etc. It is very bland and very boring, but I figure it's good to offer that up, real desert stuff! Blessings to you all. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rachel! Your diet, that is a tough one!! I pray that this is productive for you in many ways.

      As for Father in that photo, I recall hearing him shout, "In your face!" I think he did ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails