Friday, February 13, 2015

What's For Sunday Dinner?

How is the week going for everyone?

To my friends in the Midwest who have been blasted with frigid temps as well as those in the Northeast who have been blasted with too much of the white stuff...I wish spring and warm temperatures quickly find you.



Does anyone have plans for St. Valentine's day?  We have a swim meet to attend, so I made some yummy cut out cookies earlier in the week and froze them.  I need to remember to thaw them tonight and frost them in the morning.

On Sunday, I was planning on making a Bacon-wrapped Chicken Casserole dish.  My family loves this meal!  Served over rice with a side of veggies...yum! yum!

(I need a new picture...this one does not do the dish justice.)

I am also in the mood for some cookie baking.

White Chip Island Cookies to be exact.




St. Valentine, patron of love, young people, and marriages, pray for us!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Your Love Day sounds lovely, Patty.
    We are planning stuffed shells and garlic toast with chocolate cake and homemade whipping cream.
    Wind chills are -25!!!
    Staying in and cozy...
    Love your banner. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day of LOVE. We are huge fans of the bacon wrapped chicken. My mouth is watering thinking about it!
    It's winter carnival here today at our parish and the high temp is suppose to be -2 with wind gusts up to 30 mph. Not ideal for outdoor activities for the kids, but will keep the indoor ones hopping I guess.
    Happy LOVE day to my sweet Texas friend and your family. Hugs from frigid MN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight was our feast night, with steak, mushroom risotto cakes, and salad. Lots of Valentine's sweets for dessert!

    But tomorrow for Sunday dinner we are making an effort to also have something "Sunday-worthy." I've said it before, but you are inspiring me to do this! We will have chicken thighs, hashbrown casserole, and asparagus. Leftover VDay goodies for dessert!

    :o) Becky

    PS fantastic banner, and all your decos actually! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! We decorated cookies here too. My daughter and her family spent the weekend with us, it was so fun. I had cookies. so my 3 year old granddaughter helped frost and put sprinkles on. Yum! She made me a cute bracelet of clunky beads on a purple shoelace. My fav!!

    Hope the swim meet went well, and YES, send us some warm breezes :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to have to try the bacon wrapped casserole. Thanks for getting my stomach rumbling! :) beautiful Valnetines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails