Friday, February 6, 2015

What's for Sunday Dinner?

What a crappy re-entry into our schooling we had this week!    Ugh.

The school part itself was not bad, it was all the static from the outside that infected our day with grumpiness, illness, stress, and down-right-bad mood-mama.

Each day I'd say to myself, "It's gotta get better, right?"  And each day brought more gloom.

With this Thank God It's Friday day, I had four hours of sleep last night (taking care of a coughing- with -ear- ache 3 year old), topped off with two cups of coffee and two donuts (for myself) for good measure and a pediatric appointment in one hour.

It's gotta get better, right?

I was looking at the weather and boy oh boy did it change from when I wrote the menu earlier this week.

Vegetable Beef Soup doesn't sound too good for a 74 degree Sunday afternoon, does it?  Ha ha!  What's a little eat and sweat at the same time ;)

I have no posted recipe for my soup.  I just realized that.

Dessert is going to be chocolate cupcakes with homemade frosting decorated for St. Valentine's day (early).

I'm going to pull out this cute dish I made last year as soon as I am done with this post...


Good food is good for the soul!

Here's hoping your weekend is a lot better than our week :)

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. That plate!!!!
    Love!
    And I hear you on all that yucky outside stuff...
    Ugh.
    Hope your baby girl is on the mend soon.
    Grab a nap this afternoon, k?
    Hugs from PA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's not much chance of a 74 degree day in Ohio this weekend, so Baked Steak with Tangy Tomato Sauce, mashed potatoes, soft rolls, and roasted vegetables is on the menu -- it was supposed to be earlier in the week, but the kids didn't use the lunch meat in their lunches, so I made then eat subs -- they choked them down ;-) I'd love to bake a cake for Sunday but my family is not big on cake and I end up eating most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made that plate? How adorable. I hope your daughter is feeling better and that you've gotten some sleep. Enjoy your weekend and hopefully you can have a fresh start on Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to change my menu around sometimes because of the weather, too. Never know how it's going to be from one day to the next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, so sorry you had a poopy week! I love that plate-- you are quite the artist. I will say a prayer for you that next week is happier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails