Outside my window ~
A cloudy and chilly Monday. What a contrast against the daffodils and budding trees that we saw last week!
Stan found this Texas-sized earthworm last Monday at horse lessons.
What I am thankful for ~
* the gifts of faith and hope in this insane world
From the school room ~
* Quarter finals in Vocab for Ester, Mabel, and Stan have been taken. They will keep moving ahead and finish those subjects up early in the fourth quarter as well.
* Miss Mabel finished up with her Science (Apologia's Zoology 3, Land Animals of the Sixth Day) and will start health a few weeks early, hoping to finish early in the fourth quarter.
* Stan the man successfully wrote his third quarter book report and his third quarter English essay.
* Stan the man also finished his third quarter Phonics test. He will start his fourth quarter Phonics and finish that up early as well.
* Last minute Valentine's for Ester and Mabel's Little Flowers/Little Women group...
From the kitchen ~
Poor David. One of the kids beat him to the left overs...
What we have read ~
In honor of St. Valentine's Day...
Around the house ~
After the swim meet....after 5pm Mass....after a dinner out...we had some St. Valentine snacks at home ;)
(FREE printable labels found on Pinterest attached to bags of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses chocolates.)
I am thinking about ~
I am such a wimp. I moan and complain at breakfast thinking about the fasting that is to take place for the day.
I WILL do better this Ash Wednesday!
I am praying for ~
a fruitful, Lenten journey.
What I am listening to ~
Miss Mabel and Clementine playing "horsey" upstairs. (Mabel is the horse ;)
Coming down the pike this week ~
* Monday - horse lessons
* Tuesday - contact fitting appointment for Miss Sally
* Tuesday - Moms' Night Out for our home school group (woot! woot!)
* Wednesday - Ash Wednesday Mass
* Wednesday - Kids' dental appointments
* Wednesday - Miss Clementine's baptism birthday
* Friday - Stations of the Cross and K of C fish fry afterward
* Friday - Sunday - Troops of St. George camp out for David and Stan
A final photo to share ~
Actually 2, because this is totally cool!
David found these beautiful antlers in the woods while pig hunting. (Sadly, he thinks the deer may have been poached because no other remains where found.)
(Miss Ester was gluing the teeth in.)
Wishing you a healthy week and a blessed start to your Lenten journey!
~ Patty ~