Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunshine (& winners) - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Gloriousness.

Today's high was 70!

Splendor, I tell you, splendor!


I am thankful for ~

* all the  kind messages and encouragement left in the com box on my 1,000 post!
* the adults who work SO hard with our parish youth group.  A-MA-ZING people!

* good doctor visits.

* blue skies and sunshiny days.


From the school room ~

* The kids are working hard and will have one week off next week when Grammy is here for a visit.

* We plan on taking a field trip with Grammy down to San Antonio.  (We never tire of  San Antonio!)


From the kitchen ~


This afternoon, I made cut out cookies with this scrumptious recipe.  (With a hint of nutmeg...yum!)

We ate them before and after our Shredded Turkey Breast sandwiches.


What I am reading ~

Working on it.


Around the house ~

* Yard work.

So all the roses are officially dug up and disposed of now.  (Sniff.  Sniff.  Dang that dreaded Rose Rosette Disease.)  All that is left along the house is my Prickly Pear cactus.


* Miss Mabel made some banana bread.  (She's doing a super duper job cooking and baking.)

* And we are getting ready for a Tea Party theme birthday for Miss Clementine.

* Mabel and Clementine stayed outside ALL DAY today.









* Post March for Life (Dallas) this past Saturday



I am thinking about ~

This coming Saturday.  My mom flies in.  We are SO SO SO excited to see Grammy once again.  (She hasn't been down since July.)


I am praying for ~

* a special, little girl named Lily.

* special intentions through a novena, Mary, Undoer of Knots.  (This is my new, favorite novena!)

* all of those who have asked me to pray for them.


What I am listening to ~ 

* a cute convo between Mr. Stan and Miss Clementine as they sit at the table coloring together  while eating cookies.


Coming down the pike this week ~

* Monday - horse lessons for Miss Mabel
* Tuesday - dental appointment for me (again).  Happy, happy, joy, joy.
* Wednesday - feast of St. Agnes
* Saturday - Confirmation Retreat (for Miss Ester)
* Saturday - Grammy arrives!!

A final photo to share ~

Winners!!

This evening, Miss Mabel helped me draw the winners of the prizes from my 1,000 post give away...


1.)  The winner of the Our Lady felt softie doll was...




2.)  The winner of a "your choice" saint softie doll (maximum $22) is...



3.) The winner of a "your choice" kitchen gadget or accessory (maximum $15) is...



4.)  The winner of the scrumptious chocolate is...


Congratulations, ladies!

Cathy and Margaret, I'll need you to email me your mailing address so I can get your prize in the mail :)  If you click on "View my complete profile" on the right side of my page, it will direct you to my email.

Tracy and Jamie Jo, I'll be in contact with you very soon!

Have a super week everyone!  Thanks, again, for making my 1,000 post so much fun!

~  Patty  ~



7 comments:

  1. Yay Grammy is coming!! I enjoy her visits too because I really like the photos with Grammy in them :)
    It sounds like the weather is right and your days are full. The girls look like they are having a blast outside. Sigh. Outside all day. How blissful! I cannot complain though since we've been around 30 degrees the last few days.
    The Frozen shirt Miss C has, my Gianna just got for Christmas. Twinsies!! :)

    It looks like you got a great group of winners from your giveaway. So happy to have celebrated 1,000 posts with you! Maybe I will get there later this year. Maybe.

    Have a great week as you prepare for Grammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your winners!
    And to you on all those wonderfully happy and inspiring posts. : )
    Sooooo happy for your upcoming visitor!
    Is there anything better?
    Hugs from snowy Pa, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you that Grammy arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, I always enjoy your posts and photos! Those TX cookies are too cute too eat! :) But look so good! That close up of Miss C. is adorable with her dirt and crazy hair and your daughters are beautiful pro-life witnesses! Enjoy your visit with your mom! How fun! And thank you Miss Mabel for pulling my name out of the hat for a win! :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty! Congratulations to all your winners! What a fun give-away :)
    I'm sure everyone is looking forward to Grammy's arrival. What fun! I'm sure she'll enjoy the Texas weather too. Those cookies in the shape of Texas just made my jaw drop. What fun is that??? Somehow, cookies in the shape of Illinois just wouldn't stack up!

    Enjoy your week, and all the fun conversations of your children. May your prayers for Lily be powerful and answered,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I see that you drew my name for the 1000 post winner. Thanks! I was not able to access your email on your profile. You can email me at secj3g at gmail.com (no spaces)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up here!! We had a really nice week weather wise...so I did not read blogs at all! It's cold today, so I'm inside...but the sun is out now..so I'm itching to go for a walk on the beach, even if it's cold!

    Love the pics of Miss Clementine playing outside...so sweet!!
    Love the pro-life tees!!
    Love the Texas cookies!!

    And of course, I love that I won!!

    I'm sorry about your roses though....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails