A pink and blue pastel sky. It looks cold out, but the sun is rising, and it will be a beautiful day.
I am thankful for ~
* the peace and productivity that came with the week that falls between Christmas and New Years.
From the school room ~
* David and Miss Sally worked on some chemistry labs over break.
* We are switching from a Tues. - Sat. school week to the regular Mon. - Fri. since David's busy season will now begin, and he will only have Sundays off.
* Miss Sally picked up another 2 classes for spring semester :: Economics and Driver's Ed (an online course called I Drive Safely.)
From the kitchen ~
Jan 1 we celebrated the Feast of the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God with Miss Mabel's blueberry muffins.
Jan 4 we celebrated the Feast of The Epiphany. I found this platter at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. I served a
What I am reading ~
I purchased a kindle edition on Amazon. You can purchase a hard copy from Tan Books as well.
And for the Feast of The Epiphany...
Around my house ~
I love Weiman Granite Cleaner & Polish. It also comes in the form of stainless steel (appliance) wipes. (Both at Walmart or Target.)
I had the kids vacuum and wipe out all of our cabinet & pantry roll out shelves in the kitchen.
* Painting our master bedroom
This is how we spent our New Year's Day since we had freezing rain.
The new color is called "Mineral" from the paint brand Kwal.
We need a new comforter, curtain, and lamps, but they'll have to wait for now due to the dirty little word, budget.
* Hold onto your socks...I caught up on all 5 scrapbooks this break!
I don't know, but I felt relaxed enough to tackle it. I was behind two years with each child. BTW, I only do birthday photos, Sacraments, special occasions, etc. But dang it anyhow! I'm all caught up.
Just in time, too. Miss Clementine's birthday is in a few weeks.
I am thinking about ~
* Miss Clementine's birthday that is at end of the January. I cannot believe she is going to turn 3 already!
* My mom's (a.k.a. Grammy) visit the end of this month. The kids and I are taking her to San Antonio for a couple of days.
* the fact that my new favorite week of the year is the quiet week that falls between Christmas day and New Year's Day.
I am praying for ~
* a little 5 1/2 year old girl named Lily who is dying of cancer. She put up a tough fight, but this wicked disease has taken over. Please keep Lily and her family for what little time she has left. I cannot image.... I shudder to think.
* for a friend of my family whose cancer has returned. Please keep Stacia in your prayers.
What I am listening to ~
* a small engine plane flying over our house and the hum of a dishwasher running smoothly in the background.
Coming down the pike ~
* Sunday - Feast of The Epiphany
* Monday - Classes begin
* Monday - Dental appointment for me....yippy skippy
* Tuesday - David's day long, charter fishing trip (a Christmas present)
* Friday - Little Flowers / Little Women
* Friday-Sunday - David's first home show of the season
A final photo to share ~
Three of my kids bought Mary's donkey and the Holy Family nativity pieces for me for Christmas. (Fontanini brand) For the feast of The Epiphany, I purchased the 3 Wise Men to add to the collection. (I look forward to adding on more over the years to come!)
Wishing you all a healthy and blessed start to the new year!
~ Patty ~