Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pallet Coat Rack

Our "coat closet" consists of limited space underneath the staircase.  Limited because it is also a storage spot as well as our (cough..) storm shelter.

When we do have the occasional friend come to visit, there's never been a place to hang their coat or purse.  I found a snazzy remedy to this on Pinterest and my husband was all over it.

Our new coat rack...




Recycled from an old pallet of his.  He followed these steps, making the proper cuts and then staining it with what he has in his arsenal.

I purchased these pulls from Hobby Lobby...


They were 50% off.  I think I paid a total of $14!

(Hobby Lobby was low on stock at the time, so I'm hoping to eventually add two more pulls.)

Hoping to have more friends come and visit soon!

~  Patty  ~

11 comments:

  1. How stylish! I would love to hang my coat and hat on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Hey...if he ever loses his day job he definitely has potential in the home furnishings business. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful and just what that spot needed! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call the clock one!!!!
    My purse will look great on that one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could pop over and hang my jacket! (Maybe I'll make it to TX someday….)

    :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patty! And it matches everything in your hall so perfectly too! Great job! You are so crafty, I love that. You know what else I like? The word 'snazzy'. It makes me smile :)
    Happy New Year my friend!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty,

    Just found your blog. What a creative and fun way to hang coats. It definitely takes the humdrum out of the ordinary.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it goes perfectly. I love the pulls! How fun when your husband puts ideas in action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great addition to your entry area. So stylish and unique. The cute non-matching pulls are awesome on there. I'd love to come hang my coat at your place or borrow you for a long weekend to come help me recreate your amazing ideas at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this!!! So, fun. We have a pallet bookshelf. I wonder if I could add hooks for the kids' backpacks?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s beautiful, indeed! The old pallet racks need not be thrown away, since there’s a lot of stuff you can make out of it. It even added some attitude to your living room. Kudos to a job well done!

    Traci Mcdaniel @ Carolina Material Handling, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails