We had gorgeous temps (almost 80 on Sunday) so we put up our outdoor decorations before the very cold air was set to arrive.
Today's high is suppose to be 45. Brrr, baby it is cold outside!
I am thankful for ~
* Miss Sally's doctors (We saw a lot of them!)
* Caring nurses
* My mother who celebrated her 73 birthday on Thanksgiving. Six of my siblings were with her to celebrate up in Illinois.
* A fairly smooth first semester
From the school room ~
* Semester exams are this week! It's going to be a hard week, but we will conquer ;)
We will have four weeks off. (Starting in July pays off!)
* PSAT scores should be coming out anytime now.
* I had organized a Christmas Cards for Our Troops service project for the kids in our homeschool group.
This was planned a long way back. Unfortunately, it was scheduled for November 22, in between Miss Sally's unforeseen eye surgery and her ER visit. Ugh.
LONG story short, everything had been purchased, paper had been cut, and stickers separated. The money had been spent, and nothing could have been returned. So, I decided keep the service project on as originally planned.
Boy oh boy! It was ONLY by the grace of God that the event went on since the window of opportunity between the surgery and trip to the ER was so small!
In the meantime, there is a box filled with some BEAUTIFUL Christmas cards on their way to our troops as we speak.
From the kitchen ~
Recently, Miss Mabel whipped up a batch of these Pecan Crisps (recipe here). It's been awhile since we've had them. I forgot how DELICIOUS they are.
David thought they'd make a great addition to our Christmas cookie rotation. I think he may be on to something.
What I am reading ~
And a new one in our house this year...
Around my house ~
* I finally found a new purse on Amazon! The SAK Kendra satchel handbag.
David asked why I didn't wait until Christmas. Well, I needed it like... last summer. And after all the doctors' visits recently, my old purse taught me just how small it was. So, no. I could not / would not wait any longer.
Beside...he bought that silly sewing machine for himself when it was not a need ;)
* A few weeks ago, Miss Ester and Mabel took another horse lesson. It's been awhile, and they were happy to be back in the saddle.
Gosh! How I WISH we could afford one! Someday...
In the meantime, Miss Ester is super duper excited because after passing all of the horse knowledge / horse experience tests...she is going to be leasing a horse for the month of December, during Christmas vacation!
(And she is paying for it herself with her allowance and babysitting money she's earned since last spring!)
Pictures to come :)
I am thinking about ~
* The peace that will come when exams and papers and reports are over.
* Miss Sally's new glasses and lenses that should be coming in any day now.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday & Thursday - I have to take a diocesan required, faith formation class since I am a catechist.
Wednesday & Friday - Miss Ester will be with her beloved horse, Charlie Brown.
Thursday - My eye appointment
Saturday - Feast of St. Nicholas
A final photo to share ~
Another event David and I had planned (a while back) for the parents in our homeschool group (and friends of friends)...
... a private tour of a local brewery this past Saturday afternoon. $5 a person and all you wanted to drink. It was such a fun time!!
Have a great week, folks!!
~ Patty ~