Friday, December 5, 2014

Pleasure Bins

Bin of shiny and bright.

Over the past weekend, the kids put up their bedroom trees.  A little tradition they do on Thanksgiving weekend.  (They don't require my help...bonus.)

(Miss Sally's)


(Miss Clementine's)


(Miss Ester and Miss Mabel share a tree in their shared bedroom.)

(Mr. Stan's)

They receive an ornament (or two) in their stockings each year, and boy! will they have a boatload when they move into their own "homes" someday.


I haven't put up the main tree yet, hoping to this weekend.  What about y'all?


********************************

Bin of imagination.

I just got around to pulling out the big bin of Christmas books.  (Christmas books are my FAVORITE books to read!)



Some books I purchase new, some used.  I have found my inspiration from Cay Gibson's, Christmas Mosaic.




So many books to choose from!  My kids love it, as do I.

Cay Gibson recently inquired "if" she produced a second Christmas Mosaic, what titles would we like to see in it?    I, for one,  am forming a list.

Hope your weekend is a good one!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Patty, I love the bedroom tree tradition! Such beautiful and unique trees! And you have many of the same Christmas titles that we do! We love Christmas reading as well! Hoping you are having a blessed Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree in the bedrooms tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Those trees are so special. Christmas books are my favorite. I love peeking at your titles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! My daughter had a tree in her room, which she bought with her own money. Isn't it wonderful to see how excited the kids get, as they start to decorate?
    Hope you get your tree up this weekend. It's a big job, but there's just something about a lit tree that is so peaceful.
    Enjoy your books!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a couple of those books for therapy! I LOVE Bears Stays up for Christmas...well, actually, all of the "Bear" books are wonderful! I love that all of the kids have their "bedroom trees". I tried that with my boys, but, well, they're boys and weren't concerned with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My children have little trees in their bedrooms-they love them!
    Btw, is that a real deer head in Stan's room?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails