Monday, December 8, 2014

Feast of St. Nicholas - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~


(It was near 80 over the weekend again.)


I am thankful for ~

* My family

* My faith

* Nourishing food

* The end of the semester


From the school room ~

* Except for Miss Sally (who is working hard at catching up on her schooling), we are officially done with the first semester of school!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

* We will start the 3rd quarter on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.


From the kitchen ~

I was waiting to start our Christmas cookie baking until after finals.  This week I plan on sitting down with the girls and making a list of all the different things we will be baking.  Yum!



What I am reading ~

* Christmas and Advent With the Saints.

* All of these Christmas books...little by little :)



Around my house ~

In between tests and papers, we celebrated the feast of St. Nicholas!





And I managed to get the tree up.  Whew!  That was an all day job on Sunday.


I am thinking about ~

* Finishing up a few loose ends on my Christmas shopping list.


Coming down the pike this week ~

* Monday - Stan's speech evaluation.  (He's been working hard the past six months.)

* Tuesday - Sally's follow up eye appointment

* Tuesday - Feast of St. Juan Diego

* Wednesday & Friday - Ester will be at the horse stables

* Friday - Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

* Friday - Sunday - Troops of St. George camp out

* Saturday - Feast of St. Lucy (This is the night we always drive around looking at Christmas lights!)


A final photo to share ~

My new ornament additions from our travels this year ::


The flamingo paddle boarding is when Jen and I hooked up in Florida for a weekend last May.

The other two ornaments are from the 8th grade trip to New Orleans that Miss Ester and I took in September.

Such great memories!!!

Here's to y'all...wishing you a great week ahead!

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. Always love your holiday posts, Patty...
    Everything looks wonderful!
    Love your tree...
    Enjoy the next few weeks...it's coming quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful celebration photos. I always enjoy seeing your boots out for St. Nick. They are very much unlike our boots set out here in MN. :)
    Your tree looks beautiful. I want to post mine, but struggle with catching it in the right light looking all pretty and twinkling. I have two new ornaments on my tree from Marijanna when I visited Massachusetts this fall. I smile every time I spot them in the tree.

    Enjoy your time off and your Christmas baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas tree. I hope you enjoy your school break. I'm glad things are getting back to normal there. What a month it's been for you.
    Have a good week, Patty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails