Friday, November 14, 2014

What's for Sunday dinner?

On Sunday evening, my family has tickets to the Dallas Arboretum's,  "The 12 Days of Christmas".


We were going to go with a handful of friends, and had received a special promotional discount price of $5 per person!!

I have been watching the weather report and of course, Sunday is suppose to be cold with a chance of rain.  Yuck.

Cold temps + rain = sick weather.

I have a little one who is in the midst of a cold, so I think our attendance is iffy right now.

In the mean time, I planned for a hot, delicious, early dinner to enjoy...

Maple Glazed Roast Pork, (recipe here),  steamed, buttered corn, rolls,


and some Praline Sweet Potatoes, (recipe here).



Dessert, (my favorite part of Sunday), is an oldie but a goldie!  Pumpkin Squares, (recipe here.)


Hope you have all stayed warm and safe this week.  It's definitely been  cold almost everywhere in the continental U.S.

Have a great weekend and a blessed Sunday!

~  Patty  ~

12 comments:

  1. How delicious does that sound?
    Prayers that you are all fit as a fiddle and ready to go!
    Have a cozy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Billie Jo, it was very delicious. :)

      Delete
  2. The pork looks delicious, as well as your sides and cake. My Thanksgiving sweet potatoes look a lot like that (minus the pecans).

    Sunday is our 29 wedding anniversary. I haven't decided what we'll do. He will want to got out without the kids, but at this point (oldest 25) it seems like we should celebrate with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn! I just re read this and forgot to stop by to wish you a happy anniversary, Barbara! I hope it was a good day. Many more blessings to you and your beloved!!!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful post and your Sunday meal looks so delicious. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog today. God bless you and have a wonderful weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkins squares! Pork Roast! And that side dish!!!! I want to come over! If that's not a Sunday dinner... I don't know what is! I sure hope that everyone is feeling better so you can all go to the show! Keep us posted and tell us all about it! ~tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a no go :(

      But at least our food was delicious!

      Delete
  5. My 3 youngest have colds so we split up Mass...we had homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday though...today, homemade egg McMuffins...brunch style with fruit...then this afternoon, the bigger kids are watching Pirates of the Caribbean so popcorn and smoothies, we've got to use up our yogurt within the next 12 days...and eggs...

    Hope you all make it and the kiddos are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night was really cold here, for TX standards. Chicken noodle soup sounds really good!

      Delete
  6. Are you able to go tonight? I heard it was unusually cold down in Texas, so I hope things work out. I am working this afternoon at doing some meal planning prep. I have been away from it for way too long. I like the idea of a special Sunday dinner. I remember them growing up. They usually involved a roast and potatoes. My DH asked about going out to eat a local diner tonight that we haven't been to for awhile, but maybe next Sunday night I will do the roast and potatoes, I know he will like that. Although your maple pork recipe looks tempting as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we weren't, unfortunately. Miss C was up most of the night before with a cough. Poor kiddo.

      My family has grown to enjoy these Sunday dinners! And that maple pork recipe? So incredibly easy! I was afraid to make a pork loin until I tried that recipe.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails