Friday, November 21, 2014

Prayers Needed

I am asking for all of you to be lifting our daughter, Sarah (a.k.a. Sally) up in prayer.

Late yesterday, Sarah had an Acute Angle Closure Attack in both of her eyes. It is very dangerous because the patient can lose their vision.  Today she went in for an emergency eye surgery to relieve the fluid pressure build up behind the eyes.

She is home, resting, taking a lot of medication, and worn out.  The immediate danger and pain is gone.  Her vision is affected but we don't know to what extent.  She will go back to the eye surgeon next Wednesday.

We do not know the cause since she is only 15 and does not have glaucoma.  The evidence they have found seems to point the doctors to an auto immune disease that could have attacked the Iris which caused the AACA issue.  She has been having eye issues, but we had no clue it would lead to this.  This morning she had a tremendous amount of blood drawn to be sent off for testing.

Acute Angle Closure Attack is when the normal fluid in the back of the eye cannot drain due to the Iris blocking the two exits.  The Iris, for some reason, is being moved out of place behind the eye.  When this happens, think dangerously high blood pressure, only, this is dangerously high fluid pressure behind the eye.  They gave her oral meds and drops to bring her pressure down for the night, and then she had her surgery today.

Our priest (our dear friend) came over this evening to administer the Sacrament of the anointing of the sick.  We feel PEACE.  Finally.

I know it is a very busy time of the year and you have so much going on with the holiday, but I ask, if you have a chance, please please  join our family in praying a novena to St. Lucy.  We will officially start it tomorrow (Saturday, Nov. 22).



Saint Lucy
Whose beautiful name signifies 'LIGHT'
by the light of faith which God bestowed upon you
increase and preserve His light in my soul
so that I may avoid evil, 
Be zealous in the performance of good works
and abhor nothing so much as the blindness and 
the darkness of evil and sin. 
Obtain for me, by your intercession with God
Perfect vision for my bodily eyes
and the grace to use them for God’s greater honour and glory
and the salvation of souls.
St. Lucy, virgin and martyr
hear my prayers and obtain my petitions.
Amen.

24 comments:

  1. God Bless Sarah! I am so sorry. Of course I will pray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Patty, I am so glad I checked in on your blog today after a few days away. Of course it would be a privilege to pray, first in thanksgiving for the wonderful surgeon, doctors and nurses who have cared for her so far, and of course to dear St Lucy for the restoration of her sight. I do hope there is no underlying significant issue with her health, I will pray for that too. Blessings to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers your way. St. Lucy, pray for Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm praying, Patty. I'll be joining you in the St. Lucy novena too for your dear Sarah. I've passed your prayer intention on to my mom whose got amazing connections to some very wonderful prayer warriors.
    May you continue to feel peace in the days ahead. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all praying for the intercession of St. Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for Sarah and for you and the rest of the family. Prayers for peace and answers to questions. It must have been terrifying for you and her. She is lucky they diagnosed it so quickly and treated it successfully. St. Lucy, pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be praying all nine days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...will pray for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very scary. I will be storming the heavens with prayer with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, no praying....SO happy I checked today!! Prayers for mama too!!

    Tears...(((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for her. We named our daughter Lucia after St. Lucia ( Lucy) so she is very dear to our family. Will offer prayers for your Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you and your family during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for her! We will keep you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am so sorry Patty! We will certainly pray for Sarah and St. Lucy's intercession!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying the Saint Lucy Novena for Sarah and adding your family's intentions to my daily prayers. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this via Allison and FB. Many prayers and I will pass this on. Is this what Elizabeth Foss' children had last year?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry to hear about this. Praying for Sally and your family and for Saint Lucy to intercede on her behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying with you and all our friends, Patty.
    My family offered our Holy Eucharist last night at Mass...
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for your precious daughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patty! I will be praying right along with you. My mother died on the Feast of St. Lucy, so I know she is storming heaven for Sarah too. God bless your priest friend, who could bring Christ in the sacraments, and give you peace.
    Blessings to you all,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails