Monday, November 17, 2014

Let There Be Snow - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

This morning


This is the first time we have had "snow" in November!   (I know.  Go ahead and laugh at what we call snow down here ;)

Texans have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, just wait until tomorrow."

By the end of the week, we will be back in the normal temps - 70.


I am thankful for ~

* Warm coats and hats and gloves.

* Warm and toasty fires in the fireplace.

* Irish coffee ;)


From the school room ~

* Three weeks left in the quarter!  (And the people sing Amen!)

* Miss Ester and Sally have their "Famous Portraits in Pencil" displayed on their teacher's website.  Check them out here.

Or, check them out below!


Miss Ester drew...can you guess??

Yes!  Audrey Hepburn



Miss Sally drew.... can you guess???

Sebastian Stan, the man who plays Bucky on Captain America!



From the kitchen ~

I've been able to use my Vitamix twice now with the colder temps.  I love to make soups in that machine.  Easy and healthy...a win win!


What I am reading ~

I ordered my Advent reading book.  Finally.

Advent and Christmas with the Saints.  (Here).

I should receive it in the mail tomorrow.



Around my house ~

* We celebrated Miss Mabel's baptism birthday this past Sunday.



I picked up a St. Anne statue (with Mary) for our horse lovin' girl.  St. Anne is the patron saint of horse riders.


Miss Ester has this same statue, for the same reason.

* Miss Sally had a swim meet this past weekend.  Boy oh boy!  Do I have a story to share, but it deserves its very own post.

This particular  group is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!!!!




I am thinking about ~

Thanksgiving.

School.

The Texas schools usually shut down for the entire Thanksgiving week.  I've decided to only take off Thanksgiving day since we are not traveling anywhere.

This will give us four weeks off from school during December/ January.


Coming down the pike this week ~

* Tuesday - Field trip to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.   There are only 2 places in the entire United States that print $$$, Forth Worth and Washington D.C.

* Wednesday - Follow up eye appointment for Miss Sally.

* Friday (-Sunday) - Miss Sally leaves for the Region 10 Catholic Youth Conference.  She will be in Oklahoma city with High School Catholic youth from Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma!

* Saturday - Christmas Cards for the Troops, a service project for our homeschool kids.

A final photo to share ~


She was amazed to find snow this morning when she awoke ;)

Have a great week, folks!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy that snow!
    And you already know how I feel about that last picture. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seriously is snow! And more than CT has seen yet this fall. Maybe I need to move to TX to see some snow! I keep waiting for some to take a card photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great amount of snow to me! I really hope we get some this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, snow. If only that was all I saw out my window I wouldn't be the crabby caged animal I am. lol. And the warm temps on your horizon are pretty enticing being that my thermometer is currently sitting at 8 degrees.

    That St. Anne statue is one of my favorites. I'm kind of a big St. Anne fan :)

    Ester and Sally's portraits...WHOA. Very impressive! Well done ladies.

    It looks like you are keeping busy and you are motoring right through another school year. Keep up the good work! That long break will be around the corner before you know it.

    Have a great week!

    ps...C at the window... pretty much as always, precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty! Ok, now I am so curious about what happened at the swim meet!
    We had a dusting of snow up here too, and it's just bone chilling cold. No more walks outside. To the gym for me. Ugh.
    I have to find my Advent with a saint. Because I can't remember which one I have! My son-in-law gave it to me last year. I love those books. I just got back from a long weekend with my sister on the east coast, so I'm a little discombobulated :)
    Happy Tuesday (hope it gets a little warmer?)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow, your kids are talented artists! That's fantastic.
    And that's about as much snow as I can take. Maybe I should move to Texas.
    I hope your daughter has a fun, safe trip. Looking forward to your post about the swim meet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, we've been watching the temps for where we are going in Texas...pretty cool this week,(lows in the upper 40's and highs in the 50's) but you know, it seems everywhere is a cold snap...and by the weekend, it seems to get better, even here, with temps expected around 30. 30 will feel awesome here!

    Awesome artists, good job!! Love their choices, tells a lot about their personalities!
    Vitamix soup? Gotta share you know!

    SO, any more thought to WHERE you'd like to spend maybe a week of that 4 week break? :)
    Just sayin'

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails